Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lorrivero Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2004, 06:35 PM
    Methodology
    I´m teaching english as a second language to eight year olds so I would like to know if you could give me some ideas about how to introduce the present continuous tense as easy as possible
    Thanks
    zinnia Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Mar 13, 2005, 01:23 PM
    Easy present continuous
    Everyone benefits from using visuals. Have pictures, overheads, anything you can use easiloy to hand. There is no escaping grammar drills but of you warm them up first with a fun exercise and then move into a text, their minds will be engaged and active and ready to learn. e.g.. If you had a short story about a dog including use of PC, you can have them guess which animal they will be reading about today. You can only answer yes or no. like 20 questions.

As far as the actual teaching of PC that's up to your course outline. Ask if you need ideas on that too though.

Good luck.
    Dr_Calculus Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2005, 02:23 PM
    Being from a foreign country...
    It is often much easier for the students if you use lots of hand motions and more concrete gestures. Remember that different languages say the same thing differently, so I think your goal is mainly to show them that X=Y=this thing.

Good luck with your ventures,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Methodology in studying religion [ 4 Answers ]

How would a student of religion, who may or may not have any religious convictions, set about examining a religion with which they were unfamiliar with, using methodology?

View more questions Search