Does anyone have a question ?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 5, 2011, 12:18 AM
    Bored are we ?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 12:21 AM

Peter, I've noticed that you've been posting a lot of random questions, none of which are really questions that need to be, or can be answered.

There are many questions on this site, there's no need to start a thread asking if there are questions, just go to the list of new questions coming in, see if there's anything you can answer.

We're not a chat site, but we do have areas (like the forum you posted this in) where members can and do chat with each other, but the title of your thread isn't really one that invites a chat. Even in the chat forums rules apply, and one of them is to not hijack (change the topic) of a thread. So, how could anyone actually chat on this thread where the topic is "does anyone have a question?" which everyone that comes here obviously does?
    peterbranton Posts: 123, Reputation: 2

Feb 5, 2011, 12:30 AM
    Comment on Altenweg's post
    Some eople nly coe here to answe questions , OK I will look at other questions but the question remains relivant as I am willing to try and answer any questions

Feb 5, 2011, 12:30 AM
    Comment on Curlyben's post
    No, not any more, :)
    Pets Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 12:33 AM

Okay then, I'll play along.

I have a question.

Do giraffes have a gag reflex?

Feb 5, 2011, 12:36 AM
    And the questions I ask are possible to answer from experts in those fields and I woul le o kow he answer, in fact when I get answers to my Q I really appreaciate it.
    Pets Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 12:42 AM

and the questions I ask are possible to answer from experts in those fields and I woul le o kow he answer, in fact when I get answers to my Q I really appreaciate it.
    I'm having a hard time understanding what you just wrote.

Are you saying that you won't answer my question until you get answers to your questions?

Why did you start this thread if you're not going to answer the questions that you asked for?

Feb 5, 2011, 12:42 AM
    No, as they eat vegatation, only meat eaters barf on reflex
    Pets Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 12:46 AM

no, as they eat vegatation, only meat eaters barf on reflex
    Actually, that's not correct.

Giraffes can vomit.

Giraffes chew the could, as do deer, cattle and antelopes. This means that they break down their food a little in the first of the four chambers of the stomach before regurgitating the food as a bolus back into the mouth, where it is chewed more thoroughly. Because of this, giraffes can also vomit, despite the long distance from the stomach to the mouth.

Found here;

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source...uLyvVA&cad=rja
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 03:15 AM

I have a question.

Why do some of your posts seem to be well structured and relevant in a sense.

Likehttps://www.askmehelpdesk.com/chemis...nd-551439.html

And others are rather chaotic and scattered

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/lounge...ml#post2697009
    #4 and #7 for example.

It seems incongrueous .
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2011, 05:22 AM
    Alty, very interesting question:

Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Do giraffes have a gag reflex?
    Had that one in the holster for a while?

I agree with Martin's observation, however I needed to check what "incongrueous" meant. Found that it is misspelled:

From Merriam-Webster:

Definition of INCONGRUOUS:
    Lacking congruity: as
    A : not harmonious : incompatible <incongruous colors>
    B : not conforming : disagreeing <conduct incongruous with principle>
    C : inconsistent within itself <an incongruous story>
    D : lacking propriety : unsuitable <incongruous manners>
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 05:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tkrussell View Post
    Alty, very interesting question:

Had that one in the holster for a while?

I agree with Martin's observation, however I needed to check what "incongrueous" meant. found that it is misspelled:

From Merriam-Webster:

Definition of INCONGRUOUS:
    lacking congruity: as
    a : not harmonious : incompatible <incongruous colors>
    b : not conforming : disagreeing <conduct incongruous with principle>
    c : inconsistent within itself <an incongruous story>
    d : lacking propriety : unsuitable <incongruous manners>
    I couldn't see well. On the dark side of the moon at that time.
    Thanks for noticing and posting it up! I did use it correctly .
    Spelling is not my strong point, and sometimes I'm too lazy to spell check. Bad combination. Ya got me...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 05:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by martinizing2 View Post
    I have a question. Why do some of your posts seem to be well structured and relevant in a sense, and others are rather chaotic and scattered? It seems incongruous.
    Peter thinks in scientific and technical terms, concrete terms, but when it comes to more ephemeral, "muddy" subjects such as relationships and social functioning, he's a bit at sea. He has mentioned he has Asperger's which explains everything.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ms-544072.html
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2011, 05:36 AM
    Oh heck, you had me throwing words like that around, which was used perfectly, I may add. No argument there.

Oh by the way, did you know there is no dark side of the moon? As a matter of fact, it is all dark. I heard that someplace, cannot put my finger on it.
    Pets Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 02:28 PM

The giraffe question was actually my husbands. I told him about this thread, said I needed a question, and that's what he came up with. It was either the giraffe or the question he had about women and PMS. I thought the giraffe was the way to go. ;)

Asperger's definitely explains the questions. I was beginning to wonder as most of his questions could be easily googled, or were more for discussion, but not put in the discussion forum. Personally I thought Ben was dead on, Peter is bored. I understand that, I get bored too, but I usually don't write post after post about nothing, to entertain myself.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 02:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Personally I thought Ben was dead on, Peter is bored.
    No, I don't believe Peter is bored. I think this is his way of reaching out socially. Have you ever watched Big Bang Theory on TV? You can get a good idea about Asperger's and socializing on that show. Sheldon and Amy especially are the two to watch.
    Pets Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 02:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    No, I don't believe Peter is bored. I think this is his way of reaching out socially. Have you ever watched Big Bang Theory on TV? You can get a good idea about Asperger's and socializing on that show. Sheldon and Amy especially are the two to watch.
    I love that show. :)

Okay, knowing this, how do we proceed? Do we humor Peter, do we explain to him how to use the site correctly, or do we just ignore the random questions?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 03:02 PM

Peter has asked us to educate him as needs be, and if we do it with a kind spirit, he will learn, and we will become better citizens of the world.

(How's that for altruism?)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 5, 2011, 03:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by peterbranton View Post
    but the question remains relivant as i am willing to try and answer any questions
    That's not how this site works. People come here and post questions, hopefully in the appropriate forums. Then people with knowledge in those areas will look for questions they can answer and post answers.

We don't ask for questions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Three year old won't answer a question, he only repeats the question... any thoughts? [ 7 Answers ]

I have three children who have never had any learning troubles however I babysit 2 kids each day that seem to be a little socially awkward. The oldest (age 5 1/2) won't look me in the eye and can't follow a multi-step instruction. The younger (age 3) has never been able to answer a question I ask...

Pregnancy question 14 dpo question about symptoms [ 1 Answers ]

Im 14 days dpo and have been having twinges and fluttering in my uterus. I had sex a couple of days before I ovulated and while I was ovulating. Could I be pregnant?

To submit a question, where is the Question Template to be found? [ 5 Answers ]

When I attempt to print a hard copy from mail received, via my INBOX. The following error template appears... Internet Explorer Script Error Line : 2021 Char : 1 Error : Unspecified Code : 0 URL : ...

I have a question regarding skin. Question is on skin... [ 1 Answers ]

whenever I get hit or scratched, or bitten to hard, that area of my skin where is occurred gets red and then I get a white raised bump ( of skin) in the senter or along the redness. It goes away in minutes but still highly unattractive. What can I do to prevent this?? Sum 1 email me help....

View more questions Search