Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peterbranton Posts: 123, Reputation: 2

Feb 4, 2011, 11:48 PM
    What's the difference between grave robbing and arceholigy ?
    What's the difference between grave robbing and arceholigy ? Is it morally right ? Is it logical ?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 12:50 AM

Grave robbing;

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source...Ao1kvw&cad=rja

Archeology;

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source...FPYvtQ&cad=rja

is it morally right
    That depends on the person you ask, as everyone has different morals.

is it logical ?
    Again, that depends on who you ask.
    peterbranton Posts: 123, Reputation: 2

Feb 5, 2011, 07:58 PM
    Comment on Altenweg's post
    After looking into it, grave robbers are robbing it to sell and archeologyists don't rob it at all they proect and preserve the artifacts away from grave robbers
    umbriel971 Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Feb 23, 2011, 10:09 PM
    I will take a stab at it.

Grave robbing is done by individuals with little or no other purpose than to remove valuable items from a grave site with no respect, care or thought given to the deceased and usually no other motive than profit.

Archeology on the other hand is usually done by professionals who take great care with the site and surrounding area disecting it layer by layer documenting each find. They usually have permission from a governing body for the given area i.e. a government, tribal leaders etc. They are motivated by a quest for knowledge/understanding of the individual or the individual's culture or some other facet of knowledge surrounding the site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the difference between vampires and draculas? [ 3 Answers ]

What's the difference between a vampire and a dracula? Both suck human blood from neck? Both sleep during day and are awaken during night? Both sleep in coffin? I think I got something wrong there in my questions... Sort this out for me please Thanks

What's the difference between being license and having credentials? [ 2 Answers ]

What's the difference if any.

What's the difference? [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone ples tell if there is any difference between the manzanilla plant and daisies?:confused:

What's the difference between... [ 8 Answers ]

Masturbation and intercourse? I ask because I heard that masturbation for guys can negatively affect them, so I wonder if that's the case how come the sperm I during the intercourse doesn't have the same negative effects? Its sperm in both cases so what's the big deal about masturbation? By...

What's the difference in fittings [ 6 Answers ]

Can someone please explain the difference between dvw and water pipe as it pertaines to copper pipe fittings I asked this a while back and got one answer that was still a little bit vague , or more likely I'm still a little bit dumb! I think it has to do with the way the fitting s couple up as...

View more questions Search