Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peterbranton Posts: 123, Reputation: 2

Feb 4, 2011, 11:32 PM
    Is it possible to artificially make a blue diamond ?
    If you mix graphite carbon and boron 10 % and take it to 1000 degrees C with a constant pressure of 100 tons per sq inch through out the heating AND cooling process ?
    DrBob1 Posts: 425, Reputation: 86

Feb 5, 2011, 11:59 AM
    That sounds like the basic process. There are catalysts involved, I believe, and I have no idea if that is the right amount of boron to use. Sounds easy, doesn't it? Its not. There is a synthetic diamond factory about 10 miles here and I understand there are many, many pounds of off spec diamonds buried in the foundations of the presses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blue water in toilet, trying ti make it clear. [ 1 Answers ]

I just moved and the people before me put one of those discs in the toilet tank that turns the water blue and I hate it. I removed the disc and also scooped up as much of the disc as I could. I have flushed the toilet hundreds of times. I just want the toilet water to be clear, not blue like a...

Artificially flavored bad? [ 2 Answers ]

I drink a sweatened tea it has no calories but could it be bad to drink something that is artificially flavored when trying to lose weight?

Orange Flame Gas Appliances Make Me Blue [ 2 Answers ]

All burners on stove are burning with an orange flame. The heater and water heater also have an orange flame. Could there be a problem with the gas service into the house, possibly a meter problem ? Everything was fine and suddenly all went bad ? Thanks, KFMT

View more questions Search