Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LoletaHunt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2011, 07:44 AM
    I received 1099-Misc stating I have received payment of $2,000 in 2010.
    I received form 1099-Misc stating that I have received $2,000 in wages or compensation in 2010. I am not self-employed; have not provided wages individually and am confused about the receipt of this form. How do I find out who reported that they paid me $2,000 for services and how do I correct this information?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 4, 2011, 01:01 PM

The payer's name and address is printed in the upper left hand corner of the 1099-MISC form. What does it say there?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 4, 2011, 01:12 PM

Yes, what company or firm or person gave it to you. Did you have any debts forgiven or do any work like child care or something for anyone /

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received W2 and 1099-misc from same employer [ 1 Answers ]

I worked full time for an empoyer until May this year. I received a W2 for my earnings. I also had HSA contributions that totaled $900 for this period, and was reported in box 12a. I also received a 1099-MISC with $900 in box 7. My employer did not contribute to my HSA. Then, I received a 1099-SA...

Got a 1099 Misc for income not received [ 1 Answers ]

Received several 1099-MISC for income paid by insurance plans for professional services. Payments I did not get, services I did not perform. I retired from practice 01/01/2008. My former associate got the payments for her services to patients for continued care , but were issued with my tax ID #. ...

Received 1099-MISC [ 3 Answers ]

My wife purchased a printing business in May 2007 with existing monthly customers. We filed a W-9 to each customer stating my wife SS number. At the end of the year, we received 1099-MISC from some customers with the old owners SS number and listed income received through-out the entire year. Do...

On F1 status, received 1099-Misc [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am an international college student on F1 status. I own a website and I receive commissions for advertisements on my website. I received 1099-MISC with income in Box 7 (nonemployee compensation). The income is small, only about 8 hundred dollars. When I asked my school advisor how I...

Haven't received a 1099-MISC [ 3 Answers ]

I worked last year as a consultant for a small company. I haven't received a 1099-MISC from them, though I'm certain they will report my income. Frankly, I'm concerned that without significant badgering I won't ever see the 1099-MISC. Any suggestions for getting them to hurry things up? Can I file...

View more questions Search