Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Springtime9628 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2011, 07:32 AM
    Cold air from return ducts and main return duct not sucking in air
    I had a new furnace installed. When the heat came on the furnace was screaming (making so much noise I could not sleep. I called the furnace company. The man came out and said the return duct in the crawl space was not connected and the furnace was not sucking in enough air. He supposedly made a bigger hole and connected the return duct. Charged me for it.

Now 1. The main return duct in the hallway near the thermostat is not sucking in enough air. (won't hold a piece of tissue.
    2. The return duct in my bedroom is sucking in everything but the furniture, and when the furnace is NOT BLOWING, cold air is coming out like crazy.

What did he do wrong, I'm going to take him to court, because he won't listen to what I am saying and disputes what I say because I am a woman. He says the main return duct near the thermostat does not need to suck in much air.

PLEASE HELP, I WANT TO SUE HIM TO DEATH and I need expert advise
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 4, 2011, 08:37 AM
    Having a new furnace installed means the installer TESTS it while running. Not him, the furnace.
    He should have installed the return duct while there the first time.
    Then he probably put the blower going in the wrong direction.
    You could go over his head (if that's possible) or you could hire someone else and sue the first one.
    go2guy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2012, 12:23 AM
    Sounds like you should check to see if he is licensed and if he is he should have pulled a permit and had the work inspected. Where I live there are all kinds of "hvac" people who pull permits by paying someone who is licensed (grandfathered) to do it. These boobs can't pass the current licensing requirements. Scary thing is contractors building new homes use them too because they work cheap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I replace 12x8 cold air return duct with 12 inch flex duct in my basement? [ 2 Answers ]

I need head room in my basement and want to take down the old cold air return metal duct work 12x 8 and re-route to the plenum with 12"flex duct. Will this be a problem with the furnace working properly? Please advise

My cold air return blows cool air instead of sucking air [ 7 Answers ]

My cold air return blows cool air instead of sucking air

No cold air return ducts [ 2 Answers ]

After living in this house for a number of years, and always complaining about the inconsistent heat temperatures (upstairs cold in winter and hot in summer with a/c on), I took off the cold air return duct covers (which, incidentally, are only located on the first floor) to vacuum as I always do...

No cold air return ducts [ 1 Answers ]

After living in this house for a number of years, and always complaining about the inconsistent heat temperatures (upstairs cold in winter and hot in summer with a/c on), I took off the cold air return duct covers (which, incidentally, are only located on the first floor) to vacuum as I always do...

View more questions Search