Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovly Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 11:10 AM
    Criminal trespass
    Is there any way a criminal trespass charge can be drop agaist someone?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2007, 11:15 AM
    The person who placed them can.

Criminal trespass.

Criminal trespass is entering or remaining upon or in any land, structure, vehicle, aircraft or watercraft by one who knows he is not authorized or privileged to do so; and (a) He enters or remains therein in defiance of an order not to enter or to leave such premises or property personally communicated to him by the owner thereof or other authorized person; or (b) Such premises or property are posted in a manner reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders, or are fenced or otherwise enclosed. See also Criminal.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 16, 2007, 11:17 AM
    Criminal trespass is generally a crime against an individual. Therefore, an individual has to press charges. That individual can drop the charges.

Jan 16, 2007, 11:28 AM
    Criminal trespass
    The charge is against the person I'm pregnant by and my lease is not up until my due date. My apartment complex charge him with criminal trespass because he got into a fight with someone in the building so the charge him with assult but the droped the charge so now I'm trying to get the apartment manager to drop the trespass charge but she said she doesn't know if she can.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 16, 2007, 11:32 AM
    All she has to do is go to the police or distrct atty and say they want to drop the charges.

P.S. in the future please post a reply to the same thread using the Quick Answer or Quote User options. Don't start a new note.

Jan 16, 2007, 11:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    All she has to do is go to the police or distrct atty and say they want to drop the charges.

P.S. in the future please post a reply to the same thread using the Quick Answer or Quote User options. Don't start a new note.

(QUOTE=lovly) Your awnser really helped thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 16, 2007, 11:44 AM
    The person can ask the DA to drop it, and honestly that person may not know if they can cant. But really and most likely what they are telling you is that they don't want to, He got into a fight and they don't want him around the area because they are afraid of more trouble
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 16, 2007, 11:57 AM
    Often once a crime is charged and the DA has it, they may or may not always allow a crime just to be droped. In GA you would have to ask the DA, normally they would, but they did not have to

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Criminal Background [ 2 Answers ]

How can I get my criminal backgroung cleared if I did something 12 years ago?

Criminal law [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I came to now after 9 months that my son married through a registered marriage some one from another country and sponsoring her for Visa. He did not reveal it and they kept every thing secret. No one in the family knew about it. After I came to know I begged him over the phone to go through...

It is not a criminal offence [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I would like to ask your idea about this" I called to the Treasure of the city of ottawa (the court), I asked my questions and a lady checked my offence number. It shows in their record "tress pass to property", she said it is not Criminal offence. If I reopen the case and finally I...

I'm not the criminal [ 4 Answers ]

Confused: Is there any forums available that could help me deal with my feelings on the way my twenty-four year old daughter has chosen to live her life? She has been in jail two times for shoplifting. Drugs are involved, she won't work (couldn't pass a drug test)! She has gone such an extreme...

Criminal Investigation [ 1 Answers ]

I want to become a crime scene investigator. I have a BA in sociology and I am currently going to school for anotherassociates degree in criminal justice and a certificate in forensic science. Does anyone know what I need to do to get this type of job? What type of classes I need? ANy types of...

View more questions Search