Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    koko Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2004, 09:13 PM
    Second language literacy
    Hi
    Can anybody tell me what would the main characteristics of second language literacy are?

;D
    Thanxs
    tyrono1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2004, 05:11 AM
    Re: Second language literacy
    The main characteristics of second language literacy are as follows:

1. your "second language" is the language in which you are most fluent apart from your mother tongue (which is, of course the language in which you are most fluent of all).

2. the extent to which you are able to use that second language in communication with those who themselves use your second language as their own first language or mother tongue will demonstrate your degree of literacy in your second language.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

English as a second language [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, could you rephrase /say in other words/ "When you have sinned grievously, the devil is waiting." I need to translate that in my native language but I can't get the meaning. I'd like to thank Judith for the previous answer. It was of great help for me.

English as a second language [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there! I'd appreciate it if you could rephrase the followng sentence for me to understand the meaning and translate it into my native language correctly:"Everything that you say or do I'm hung up on you"

Language [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Language Experts, I Want To Learn A Foreign Lanhuage.I Have Two Options French And German.can U Tell Me Which 1 Of Those Can Give Me Better Career Opportunities?

First language literacy and second language litera [ 1 Answers ]

What are the differences between first language literacy and second language literacy?

View more questions Search