Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goodoleme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2011, 08:44 PM
    Birthcertificate
    In Ontario if a woman has a baby with a man she was never together with for more than the time of conceiving the child does she have to put his name on the birth certificate?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 3, 2011, 10:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by goodoleme View Post
    In Ontario if a woman has a baby with a man she was never together with for more than the time of conceiving the child does she have to put his name on the birth certificate?
    Not if she leaves the father's information blank.

How long she was "with" the father doesn't enter into it. The statement of live birth form, which you sign, recites that it is an offense to willfully make false statements on the form. It asks for the name and information of the father. However the instructions suggest that father's information can be left uncompleted. In fact, the instructions recite, that the person named as the father must consent to be named as the father. They also say that each parent "listed" on the form must sign the form. Therefore, if the father isn't signing the form he shouldn't be "listed".

There is a phone number on the form if you have questions. You might want to call it to verify that my answer is accurate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing fathers name from birthcertificate in Arizona [ 3 Answers ]

My baby is 3 months old and my boy friend has been abusing me for the past 10 months. I only recently told and he was arrested last week for domestic violence. Is there any way I can remove the father from the birth certificate and list father as unknown so I will never have to leave my infant...

Ks. Birthcertificate father do I have rights ? [ 4 Answers ]

He may not be the biological dad but signed the birthcertificate. The biological mother reliquished her parental rights due to her addiction to meth. She stated the other possible father as the father on the legal papers and the agency was able to pick up the child until the pending court hearing...

French birthcertificate [ 2 Answers ]

I was born in france and I lived here in US since I was little. Does anybody know where can I get my BIRTHCERTIFICATE. Ive been trying to do this, but still no success. Im from California. Is it possible to the birthcertificate so I can get my passport as soon as possible:(

View more questions Search