Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jfran39 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2011, 05:36 PM
    I'm 22 and I feel like I'm going nowhere in life,
    I have debts nothing crazy I'm a full time dishwasher, I live at home with me parents own a car and have the most precious girlfriend,
    I'm trying to get back to school because I don't want to stay a dishwasher for the rest of my life,

My relationship with my girlfriend is amazing we click
    Bt lately I've been becoming a little over possessive and over protective and emotional
    I don't know why

I live at home with my mom and step dad

I have many friends but we al live a different life style, so it gets tough to hang out.

Some advice please
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2011, 05:47 PM

You are 22... you haven't even FOUND your path in life yet.

Stop being possesive... because she WILL eventually leave if you don't.

Continue to work hard and look for opportunities to advance... its called paying your dues. And it does build character. Something you wouldn't have if everything was just handed to you.

THere is a greater satisfaction to having earned what you have... that you would never understand if it was all handed to you.
    jfran39 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2011, 05:50 PM
    Comment on smoothy's post
    Eloborate on ''you are 22.. you haven't even FOUND your path in live yet " please
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2011, 06:34 PM

At 22... you are still a kid. Very few 22 year olds are doing what they will be doing most of their adult life. And at 22 few people will actually be doing what they think they will be doing when they get older (In effect... you haven't discovered your path in life yet).. and that's people who have their own place. Step one is work on improving your employment situation... its going to take time... you have little experience at 22. But work at it.

WHen you get the job that allows you independence... you work at building up a savings account... furnish your own place...

If you dropped out... spend your spare time getting that GED. THAT is far more important than any girl will be. Focus on that... if you mean something beyond a high school diploma... the same rules apply. Women at your age have crippled the futures of more guys than you can imagine. Don't be distracted and it IS very easy to be.

DO that and you will find something better than dishwasher... but understand you will have to do it a step at a time. Noboy who's dad doesn't own a company jumps from nothing to set for life in one easy step. Trust me... I spent a long time getting where I am... and things were tough when I was in my early 20's. And that was WITH the benefit of a college degree.

YOU are going to change a few different jobs... maybe a few different fields... before you find that one you really want to do a long time... and pays enough to allow you to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I not feel like I have no life? [ 4 Answers ]

For the past year I have been having a lot of trouble making sense of my life. I'm 23 years old, and I have a great 8 to 5 office job which allows me to take care of myself very well. I have no financial troubles, which isn't hard of course if you can manage your spending habits. I live in a decent...

My life seems to not change... I feel depressed or stressed in life. [ 2 Answers ]

I've been feeling sad, lonely... Food isn't catching my interest anymore. I have a daughter, times I don't notice her happiness. I don't smile nor laugh anymore. Before I met my ex-boyfriend, I was blissful. Now, as of lately I could careless of my happiness. I notice this was a problem for quiet...

What's your feel right now about him life? [ 3 Answers ]

Ask of himself That I'm locky? What do you what in your life? What you have right now? What's your wishes? Your wishes comes ture or not? Why our wishes never comes ture? How many peoples in this desk feels good, how many feels bad?

I feel like my life is ruined [ 5 Answers ]

All right I'm new with this and in need of some dire help My girl and I broke up about 3 weeks ago and I'm having a hard time with it. All my friends we happy that she broke up with me cause they thought I wasn't it. But I think differently. I still think I have a chance to get back with her....

Help, I feel as though my life is over [ 1 Answers ]

If someone could please help me, I'm feeling so desperate. On 5/30/05, my fiancé (7/31/78) and I (08/08/77) broke up. We met in October of 04, and became engaged on V-Day of this year. On our first date, I felt he was the 'one'. Never in my life did I feel I a connection the way I did with him. We...

View more questions Search