Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2011, 01:42 PM
    That explains it
    NSW Minister Verity Firth's husband Matthew Chesher charged over drugs | News.com.au

For a long time we have thought there must be a logical explantion for the behaviour of the NSW government, now here from one of their own is the explanation

Darren Marton, an Independent Upper House candidate in the March election, said it would be naïve to suggest other NSW parliamentarians were not using drugs.

"There's no question about it, anyone would be naive and have their head buried in the sand that they don't think people in Parliament also don't engage in illicit drug use, they do," he said today
    Airing your dirty linen two months before an election continues to demonstrate how lost and alone this government is
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2011, 01:45 PM

Clearly... makes you wonder about what else he might have been using as well... not just what he got caught with.

Clearly had the frame of mind to not use the obvious."...it was my first time...honest..".BS story.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2011, 01:48 PM

So what is your point. The U.S. has the same problems when people are running for office. They try to discredit their oppenents by any means possible. They will say one thing about their oppenent, then be proven wrong on what they said.

This is just politics and happens all the time.
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2011, 01:49 PM
    Comment on smoothy's post
    Yes his wife, the minister, will not rule out that she has used drugs. This government is really on the nose, I can't wait to see the end of them
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2011, 01:55 PM

Never fails to amaze me how arrogant many elected officials can get... acting like they are above it all or royalty or something.

Like here... With Charels Rangel of New York who just in the last few days had an interview with the Washington COMpost and still thinks he did absolutely nothing wrong.

They believe there are two sets of laws and rules... those we lowely unwashed serfs have to follow... and the ones they the enlightened Royalty have to follow.

Until they get caught with their hand in the cookie jar... or their **** in an intern.

It is however sort of reassuring to know... its not just our politicians that are like that.
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2011, 02:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post

It is however sort of reassuring to know....its not just our politicians that are like that.
    What did they say; the price of liberty is eternal vigilance
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2011, 03:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    what did they say; the price of liberty is eternal vigilence
    And they need to be watched around the clock as was proven yet again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

That explains it [ 0 Answers ]

NSW Minister Verity Firth's husband Matthew Chesher charged over drugs | News.com.au For a long time we have thought there must be a logical explantion for the behaviour of the NSW government, now here from one of their own is the explanation Airing your dirty linen two months before an...

Jesus explains the Eucharist. [ 8 Answers ]

"Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever eats my flesh...

FOR MEN.. It explains it all. [ 6 Answers ]

=: Because I'm a Man := (a public service message) * Because I'm a man, when I lock my keys in the car, I will fiddle with a coat hanger long after hypothermia has set in. Calling AAA is not an option. I will win. * Because I'm a man, when the car isn't running very well, I will pop...

Which statement best explains the effect of resources on population size? [ 1 Answers ]

Which statement best explains the effect of resources on population size? a)the exponential growth curve models the effects of limiting resources on population size b)limited resources decrease the growth rate of population size c)density-dependent factors invariably lead to a positive ΔN...

13 year old.explains it all, I'm sure. [ 14 Answers ]

My 13 year old daughter has had a total transformation from last year. We are only into school 8 weeks, and she's been in trouble all the time, she talks back to her teachers, her grades are very poor and she doesn't seem to care. What bothers me a lot, well a lot is bothering me about it but,...

View more questions Search