Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    freebird1981 Posts: 30, Reputation: 5

Jan 16, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Unable to upload ANY pictures.
    Hi everyone I'm new here,and don't know much about computers.. I have been trying to find this out for three weeks but nobody can help me so I thought I would try here.
    3 weeks ago I bought a laptop, if I go to a website where you are able to upload a picture to your profile,I can't upload pics at all. I keep getting near enough the same message from various sites saying the images are not jpeg,and to pleas try again using jpeg files.
    The thing is, all my pictures ARE jpeg images!
    I'm thinking it has to be a setting on my laptop because if I go on my husbands desktop I am able to upload the same pictures with no problems.
    All I can tell you is on my laptop I have norton, ad muncher, and pop up blocker all running,the cookies are enabled,as is java script,and my firewall is on. I had the same setting on my old desktop and never had a problem! Is there anyone out there that could help me? Thank you...

Jan 18, 2007, 03:57 AM
    OK I have decided to take my laptop back to the store I got it from on Friday because I have asked this question on a lot of forums and nobody seems to know what is wrong, so maybe it's a slight fault with the laptop itself.. thanks to everyone who looked even if you couldn't help
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2007, 04:03 AM
    That is a very bizarre problem, I have no idea what could be wrong.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 18, 2007, 07:10 AM
    How do you know the pics are jpgs?

Jan 18, 2007, 10:47 AM
    They are taken with my phone, and they have always been jpeg, plus as I said I have uploaded them before to sites which only allow jpeg images

Jan 18, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Do they have a JPG extension in the file list?

Jan 18, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Do you mean when you go to save it the drop down list?

Jan 18, 2007, 12:40 PM
    No I mean when you look at them in Windows Explorer? Or in the File Select dialog.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to upload a screenshot... how to? [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, I have a query regarding ms word. But I need to upload a screenshot to support my question. How can I do that or is there anyway so that I can post my screenshot. SAI

How do I upload video into YouTube? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a video of a speech that I gave that is on dvd and I want to download it to my computer and then upload it to YouTube, etc. so I can share it online but I can't figure it out for some reason. Any advice or help would be great!

Emailing large files without upload from your PC [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I want to e-mail large files but I don't have them on my PC they are on websites.I don't want to download them and upload them remotely.

PHP File upload and Perl [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, I am using a perl script to access the webpages designed in PHP. I donot know how to automate the file upload part of the site. Can anyone help me. FYI:I am using WWW::Mechanize module of perl Thanks, Novice_perl

View more questions Search