Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natria Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2011, 09:38 AM
    Periodically my furnace will blow out cold/cool air instead of warm... why?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2011, 03:22 PM
    Please expand on your question. Heaters will blow cool air at the end of the cycle and at startup if the fan on and off switches are not set right. Does this occur at startup and before the fan shuts down? With the cold weather we are having, the heater plenum warms up, the fan comes on but the ductwork, particularly in attics or cold basements, takes the heat out until everything is warmed up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What could cause an oil forced air furnace to blow cold air non-stop? [ 1 Answers ]

Several weeks ago, I awoke to find my 4.5 yr old American Standard oil furnace blowing cold air through the house. Pushing the red reset button on the control unit (Honeywell) restarted the burner. Three weeks later, the same thing happened and pushing the reset button worked again. Three days...

Warm air blows when furnace is on, cold air does not blow through vent when A/C runs [ 1 Answers ]

When the furnace (forced air gas) is on, warm air blows from all the vents. When the central air conditioner is on in the summer, the vent in one of the bedrooms does not blow cool air. Why?

Why does my furnace blow warm air only [ 2 Answers ]

My furnace is blowing only wam air in most of the rooms in my house?

My furnace will not blow hot air, it blows cold air only. [ 5 Answers ]

My home furnace is not working properly. It only blows cold air.

Warm/Cool air is only coming out of my furnace. [ 6 Answers ]

Now that fall is here I tried to turn on my gas furnace. However it is only pushing out warm air. My boyfriend and I checked the fans, they appear to be working. We checked the pilot. That is working fine as well. Also per the light on my furnace everything is working normally. Is there any...

View more questions Search