Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bxrluv Posts: 4, Reputation: 5

Feb 3, 2011, 08:27 AM
    Statement to insurance company
    My 17 yr old son was involved in an accident that wasn't his fault. I contacted the at fault driver's insurance company. Now they say they have to have a recorded statement from him. Is this true?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 3, 2011, 08:35 AM

When I worked for State Farm, we always got recorded statements from the people involved in the accident -- the insured, passengers, witnesses, and the other insured and his passengers, if any. Secretaries spent a good part of their day answering phones and typing up these accounts along with the adjusters' reports.

Would this be a problem for your son?
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2011, 08:45 PM

This is protocol just to avoid confusion later. As long as he is being honest, he should have no worries.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roberts Company Income Statement [ 1 Answers ]

Roberts Company prepared the following income statement using the cash basis of accounting: ROBERTS COMPANY Income Statement, Cash Basis Year Ended December 31, 2007 Service revenue (does not include $40,000 of services performed on account Because the collection will not be until 2008)...

Does my insurance company have to pay for damages to a car with no insurance [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter was at fault for a car accident, however the other person had no insurance. In the state of Indiana you must have insurance. My question is does my insurance have to pay the other person damages? Also can I report this person to police department for false information on a legal report...

Obama statement about vets' private health insurance - t or f? [ 1 Answers ]

The following message was forwarded to me. I want to know if this reported 'quote' was actually made by Obama. It doesn't sound like something he would say. I have tried to research it but have had no success. Thank you in advance for your help. Bad press, including major mockery of the plan by...

Insurance for company [ 1 Answers ]

Do I just need liability insurance for my cleaning Service? Is there any other kind of coverage that I would need for my workers?

View more questions Search