Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spaboy70 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 08:39 AM
    Replaced liner now skimmer screws r stripped
    Replaced a liner very old pool had brass screws and brass skimmer plate found 4 screws are stripped how to fix without replacing entire skimmer. Won't need to repair until spring when my customer will open his pool.
    Thank you
    Mike
    spa and pool doc Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 06:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spaboy70
    replaced a liner very old pool had brass screws and brass skimmer plate found 4 screws are stripped how to fix without replacing entire skimmer. won't need to repair until spring when my customer will open his pool.
    thank you
    mike
    Maybe drill and tap with larger screws depending on wall thickness and what body of skimmer is made of?
    serendipity pools Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Jan 20, 2008, 08:02 AM
    Better work some magic here. The real solution is to replace the skimmer. Drilling and re-tapping is a remote possibility since the skimmer is ancient and made of brass. The bad news is that how can you drill you brass without getting shavings in the pool and behind the liner.

FYI-screws that are not good and tight on the skimmer will leak every time so be sure to really come up with a good solution.

I hope this information is helpful.

Steve Goodale
    Serendipity Pools & Artificial Rock
    Swimming Pool Repair Online Resource
    Artificial Rock - Instructional guide and online store
    604-421-8429
    1-888-267-0802

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skimmer plate fell [ 4 Answers ]

I have an oval pool that has a place to put skimmer on either end of pool. The plate that covers the side not in use fell down between the liner and outside of pool. Do I have to take the whole pool apart to get it or can I just remove top railing and reach down? Also if I don't retrieve it, what...

Hair stripped twice.. help [ 2 Answers ]

This is my story, I sure hope someone can give me some honest advice. Here it goes: I started colouring my hair approximately 2 years ago. My natural hair colour is light brown, I wanted it a bit darker, went to the salon and it turned out great. Did this a few times and loved it. I made the...

Accord 2003 - Air filter screws stuck [ 1 Answers ]

I just broke 2 phillips screwdrivers attempting to remove the air filter cover of my Accord 2003. Only one screw unlocked. Bad move, I used an impact driver on another one and lightly broke the pastic casing. It still seems usable. How do I remove these screws? Is drilling the screws off the only...

Stripped stem [ 1 Answers ]

Cold water handle spins because stem is stripped; how do I repair this

Tried to remove strainer, screws snapped [ 2 Answers ]

I tried to remove the strainer in our stall shower today to get in there and clean out the drain; the house is 50 years old (but new to us) and I don't think the strainer had been removed in a long time (if ever). It's about 3" in diameter, held in by two screws opposite one another. The screws...

View more questions Search