Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JOLLEY Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2011, 09:06 PM
    Dishwasher down
    I turned off the breaker that goes to my kitchen in an attempt to fix an issue with a light and when I turned it back on my dishwasher was off and I can't get it to "re-boot". No lights, no response to trying to re-start, nothing.
    allen814 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2011, 09:22 PM
    Usually there is a switch {looks like a light switch} on the wall that controls power to the dishwasher. If one is there try flipping it to the "on" position. Also, the dishwasher should be on a separate breaker, you have have turned off two breakers but turned one back on. And finally, if the feed to the d/w led through where you made the lighting repair [totally against codes], it may have been left disconnected.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 2, 2011, 10:12 PM

Most often dishwashers are on a circuit by themselves or share a garbage disposal circuit. Check other breakers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dishwasher [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher 665 175992202. When I close the door and "start", it fills with water and the red "sensing light" is on. After several minutes a continuous "hum" begins but the dishwasher doesn't. The "hum" will continue until the "cancel" button is pressed at which time...

Dishwasher [ 4 Answers ]

I am considering installing a dishwasher but do not currently have a garbage disposal. I was wondering if it was necessary to have one with a dishwasher? As of right now, I do not have an electrical hook-up for a garbage disposal. Also, I have an outlet near where I would place the dishwasher,...

GE dishwasher [ 5 Answers ]

Hey I have a dishwasher that will not drain, just run's forever,is there something I can do myself to fix it?

Dishwasher [ 3 Answers ]

I have recenetly purchased a dish washer and th guy who installed it hoocked it up with the cold water. The dishwasher oparates with cold water at the moment. How would I change it to the hot water? Can someone give me some sugestions. Thank you.

View more questions Search