Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kapilbajaj Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2011, 08:56 PM
    The altitude
    The altitude to the base of an isoceler triangle is 8. if the perimeter of the triangle is 32.find the area of the triangle
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2011, 12:52 AM

The sum of all 3 sides is 32.

The altitude is 8.

You know that:

a + a + b = 32

Then, from Pythagoras' theorem,

Find a and b, then use:

where h is the altitude, which is 8

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Altitude with just premieter? [ 3 Answers ]

How do you find the length of the altitude when they only give you the premiter? Ex: preimeter of the equilateral triangle is 36, what's the altitude?

Length of an altitude [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I have a huge project due tomorrow so I need help ASAP!! The questions is- give points P(2, -2), Q(14, 1) and R(6, -6) determine the length of the altitude. I altitude is from point P and I don't get how to find it HELP ME PLEASE ASAP!!! Thanks M

Altitude and stroke [ 2 Answers ]

My name is dave and I'm 46 years old . I suffered a stroke a year and a half ago and also had further complication such as a loss of feeling in my stroke hand and enormous fatigue after a plane flight to fro to Florida. I think because of the altitude and my preexisting condition (stroke )this...

Stoke and altitude [ 12 Answers ]

Is there any danger with flying on a jet plane at high altitudes for a duration not to exceed thirty-six hours with a stroke as a pre-existing condition that occurred one year, four months prior?

View more questions Search