Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snp711 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2011, 10:53 AM
    Where can I buy a judgment, sell my judgment or trade it?
    I have no experience in this field. Anybody have any recommendations? Or should I proceed with them?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 2, 2011, 11:04 AM
    I'm curious, why would an individual want to trade judgments? Or buy one, considering the risk and years you might have to wait?
    The companies that I see advertised a lot on TV are Wentworth and Peachtree. I don't know if that makes them reputable or not, but they certainly have advertising dollars.
    I would never sell a judgment. You get pennies on the dollar. Investigate several of them and get the exact payout amount. Be careful, because you will have to sign away your rights before you see the cash.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 2, 2011, 11:06 AM

First where are you at, Canada rules would differ from Spain or England or the US.
    snp711 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2011, 11:07 AM
    Some of them I don't think I have the capacity to collect on... As for the trading, lets say my debtor moved to another state, I can trade my judgment with someone else's judgment to a debtor who lives in my state... I guess it's a new thing in this judgment industry... Any good collectors out there?

On the JM site I saw someone called Recovery Of Judgment... They seem to have really good reviews. Maybe ill go their way..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it illegal to buy to buy a house from a friend then sell it back to her? [ 10 Answers ]

I have a friend that live in California that wants me to purchase her home and sell it back to her. She said a broker said she would save money. The purchase would be cash both ways. Also would I have problems with IRS she is giving me funds. Would they expect me to pay cash on it next year? ...

Judgment entered against defendant in 1998. Abstract of Judgment recorded 2001. [ 8 Answers ]

Judgment against defendant entered more than 10 years ago. Abstract recorded and 10 years have lapsed. Judgment not renewed as required by law. So, judgment is barred by Statute of Limitations. What action, if any, need be taken to remove the Abstract of Judgment from clouding title on real...

Who has better judgment? [ 12 Answers ]

This is important. Who has the better judgment, McCain or Obama? When McCain announced his running mate, Obama supporters said he was insane or senile. They were proven wrong when Gov Palin showed her abilities to be at least as good as Joe Biden's. Now it comes to light that Obama has had...

Obtaining a Judgment on a debt that has a prior Judgment [ 1 Answers ]

Now I thought that you can't get another judgment on a debt if there is a prior judgment obtained back in July 2004 from Ohio. But the debtor moved to New York and they want to have an atty in New York place another judgment on the same debt. Don't they have to request an Exemplified Judgment...

Judgment [ 1 Answers ]

I have been threatened with a judgment from a bad credit card debt. I did try to work out a payment plan but they wanted to take it directly from my checking each month and I did not want them to have my account number. I wanted to send a cashier's check. I do not own my home and I am in...

View more questions Search