Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2011, 08:51 AM
    Hi Unky! :)

I'm sure I'll be fine. It's just getting there (long flight and finding the way to my hotel) that make me a little nervous. I speak a little Spanish, but emphasize "little". I'm confident the work will go well, and my husband is coming to visit for a week in the middle of my assignment. I'm really looking forward to that.

Bear - I hope you are just joking. Nothing is worth that much stress.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2011, 10:27 AM
    It was a reference from a show called 'Futurama'.

That said I do tend to make mountains out of mole hills, and I'm not a very good climber.

I guess I am Unky, tests tests and more tests.
    Attached Images

Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2011, 10:38 AM
    Aww

Do you need Nig Bear hugs? ;)
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2011, 10:59 AM
    Nah ill be OK with my 'kalms' Welcome - Kalms

Cheers Unky
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2011, 11:29 AM
    I never catch on to those references. I always take everything seriously. You'd think I would learn. :confused: That bear picture is so cute. I can't stop smiling at it.

I've been spending the last few hours making notes on my trip - exactly how to get to my hotel from the airport; places to see; foods to try. You know, all the important stuff. I'm getting more excited by the minute. :) I'll pack this afternoon. Tonight we are going out to celebrate our first anniversary (Oct 9, but we'll be out until then) and I fly out tomorrow. Talk to you guys in a month - and I expect to hear all kinds of good things. ;)
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2011, 11:30 AM
    Ah, lol

Nice :)

EDIT: Ohh! Happy Anniversary JLo! :)

And in a month, I will still be in the same situation :p
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2011, 12:31 PM
    Sounds like everyone is pretty busy. J-Lo I would appreciate some tips on a date I keep becoming clueless
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2011, 01:37 PM
    Hi Adam,

I'm so glad I don't have to date anymore, well at least not new guys. I still get to date my husband. :) Where are you going?

Most important thing is to make it fun. If you can stay relaxed and make her smile or laugh, she'll enjoy it. The dates I disliked were when the guy came on too strong, asked too many questions (the conversation should flow naturally), or was too serious. Also, let her talk about herself. Some guys have a tendency to talk too much about themselves, I think as a way of trying to "sell" themselves. It bothered me though when a guy didn't want to get to know what I was about.

If you like her, let it show. Don't play games or try to be too cool, but also don't push it too hard. Tell her if you had a good time. Let her know if you'd like to see her again. It's no fun to be left hanging, especially when the girl is attracted to the guy. Smile a lot - I know I was always attracted to a smile, especially one that also showed in their eyes. Chances are if you are having fun she is having fun. Nothing earth-shattering I know, but I hope it helps. The name of the game is to have fun and just start getting to know her and vice-versa.

Unky, Thanks. Well, I guess I can understand if things don't change drastically in a month - work, school, repeat.
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2011, 01:40 PM
    Enjoy your trip to Spain JLo, don't worry about not seeing the reference, it was quite nerdy :o

I take it your going to mainland Spain, I've been once or twice, but mainly we went to the Islands for our family holidays, back in the day :)

Oh and happy anniversary for tomorrow :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2011, 01:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    Enjoy your trip to Spain JLo, dont worry about not seing the reference, it was quite nerdy :o

I take it your going to mainland Spain, ive been once or twice, but mainly we went to the Islands for our family holidays, back in the day :)

oh and happy aniversary for tomorrow :)
    Thanks, Bear. I'm going to Barcelona for 4-5 weeks. It's mainly for work, but I do get a week off in the middle to vacation with John. I've been to the southern part of Spain before (Seville, Granada, Costa del Sol), but this is my first trip to Barcelona. I'll also spend one day in Palma de Mallorca. While John is there, we are going to do a day trip to Montserrat and another to Figueres to see Dali's museum. It should be great fun.
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2011, 02:18 PM
    That is a lot of useful help and I thank you for that. Im just getting really nervous about it and I'm pretty sure I already ruined it somehow and won't even get the date. Im not one to talk about myself a lot but more like to listen. Im a little shy at first and I think she is to so that could make it hard but once it gets a little further in I get a little more comfortable and it gets easier. I guess we will see but thank you again for all the tips and also what would be a good thing to do for a first date, I've been out of the dating world for to long.
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2011, 02:28 PM
    It might work to your advantage if she is a little shy as she'll probably be more understanding. I was a little shy until my mid-20's. If you are really nervous, do you have time to do something that will take your mind off it and help calm your nerves? Maybe something physical, like a walk, run, or workout.

Do you know what she enjoys doing? If so, is it something you can do on your date? Dinner is always good as you get a chance to talk, but you are also doing something so it's not as intense. After dinner, you could go someplace to listen to music. I'd look for a place that is low-key and the music isn't so loud that you can't talk. You could find a quiet place to have a drink (but don't drink too much :) ). Are there any nice areas to walk around in your city?

It really depends on what you each enjoy, and it's really not as important what you do as it is to have fun and get to know her. You could even go for ice cream.
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2011, 02:40 PM
    I was thinking dinner and maybe ice cream and a walk would probably be a good idea. There isn't much to do around here so it makes it hard. I would go for a few drinks but the only problem is she is only 19. So maybe to young for me anyway. Thanks a lot you are quite the genius
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2011, 02:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_89 View Post
    I was thinking dinner and maybe ice cream and a walk would probably be a good idea. There isn't much to do around here so it makes it hard. I would go for a few drinks but the only problem is she is only 19. So maybe to young for me anyway. Thanks a lot you are quite the genius
    That sounds like a plan. If you have time to post I'd love to hear how it goes, but my computer goes off tomorrow around noon (Pacific time) to get to the airport. Have fun!
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2011, 06:26 PM
    Well no date for this guy tonight but at least I get to enjoy a nice dinner with my brother and his wife.
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2011, 06:34 PM
    Well at least you don't have to be nervous now. I'm in the process of getting ready for my "date". Tomorrow is going to be busy, so I probably won't have time to post. Talk to you all in a month. :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2011, 06:57 PM
    Have a wonderful time and try not to work to hard and enjoy your week off that you get there.
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2011, 04:57 AM
    Ello?
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2011, 05:09 AM
    Hi Adam. How goes it? :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2011, 02:49 PM
    Okay. It's been a month. Anything new and exciting? :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Animated alice in wonderland [ 6 Answers ]

I want to find an animated version of alice in wonderland. I used two have a vhs tape of it and I'm not sure what happened to it. I think it's from the 90s but it might be 80s I'm not sure. I'm also not sure what company it's by. I think the theme song went something like "alice if only we knew...

Alice and wonderland [ 1 Answers ]

I just went and saw the new alice and wonderland directed by tim burton with johnney depp in it. Does anyone happen to know the name of the dance the mad hatter did at the end??

Weird alice in wonderland movie. [ 2 Answers ]

Years ago I was watching the news and there was a small documentary about movies which were nominated/seen at a foreign festival. All the movies were interpretations of alice in wonderland by lewis carroll. One movie really freaked me out. It was a black & white adaptation of AIW, where alice walks...

Alice in wonderland [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of alice's cat in alic in wonderland?

View more questions Search