Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazy-mambo Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Jan 16, 2007, 03:49 AM
    Hormone imbalance
    I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what minerals and vitamins I need to balance hormones. It is for my daughter who has high highs and low lows and is crying all the time. I know enough about natural therapy to know that I can help her with it. I don't like the idea of taking her to a doctor who will most likely put her on anti-depressants which will make the situation worse. Thanks to anyone who can help
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 17, 2007, 05:13 AM
    It sounds as though your daughter may be bi-polar, not necessarily hormonally imbalanced. However, I can't make an accurate guess since you did not mention her age.

And, why do you think anti-depressants make situations worse? They can take up to 6 weeks to get to a complete therapeutic level and there are 100s out there to choose from.
    RE LEE REPAIR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 07:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy-mambo
    I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what minerals and vitamins I need to balance hormones. It is for my daughter who has high highs and low lows and is crying all the time. I know enough about natural therapy to know that I can help her with it. I don't like the idea of taking her to a doctor who will most likely put her on anti-depressants which will make the situation worse. Thanks to anyone who can help
    EFA Essential fatty acids are great.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy-mambo
    I realize a lot of Doctors first choices are the anti depressants, but I would still advise a good checkup/bloodwork anyway. All natural B complex vitamins can be effective, they feed the nerves. Hormone imbalance occurs when the body does not have enough of the right building blocks to create both stress hormones and sex hormones. Healthy foods help,really, they are essential! Milk, lean beef, chicken are great. Processed foods (i.e; foods containing trans fats or hydrogenated oils) block hormone production, so I would stress the importance of really watching diet. Eggs and fish oils are a good source of cholestrol for hormone production. But again a full checkup should be your first choice.:o
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2010, 01:39 PM

I'm just back from a conference on Depression and Postpartum mothers, and one thing that really stood is that fish oil is super. A good fish oil with a high dose of EPA seems to have a huge range of advantages for treating depression and pain and inflammation, and no downsides apart from fishy burps.

The theraputic dose seems to be around 1000mg of EPA per day, and prevention dose is 400-600mg per day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hormone tests [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am 26 years old and I went to see my gp a few days ago as I hadn't had a period for 3 months and had been getting a lot of pains on the left side of my abdomen. My Gp said she wanted to take some bloods to check my hormone levels and my thyroid as well, and mentioned something about PCOS I...

Washer Imbalance [ 11 Answers ]

My Kenmore front loader runs out of balance at very high speed. Previous to this it ran fine until my drain pump got plugged with a nickel that broke a blade in the pump. The washer went very imbalanced with the water not drained, very loud knocking/banging. I replaced the pump and the drain...

Hormone imbalance [ 4 Answers ]

22 yr old kid, small frame, BMI 20 Post puberty at 13 gynecomastia (male breasts), very skinny build You can imgaine the torment, skinny with breasts Told its normal, grading - 2 inch elevation From 13 - 22 years old, calm and collected on street, in a dangerous situation result in crying, when...

Human growth hormone [ 2 Answers ]

Have any of you taken human growth hormone? If so how has it affected you.I have fibromyalgia and heard that it can help with some of the associated problems.

View more questions Search