Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xHypoCondriacx Posts: 118, Reputation: 3

Jan 16, 2007, 03:18 AM
    Soap/Laundry Detergent
    The past week, It’s been really cold, I mean really really cold.
    So cold that my skin on my nose, hands started to get really red, and hurt.
    Folks in southern California aren’t used to this type of weather.

Well lately after a hot shower. My arms and my back/stomach start to itch for maybe two minutes. And then little tiny reddish, dots or small bumps form, and go away.

I had chicken pox, so that’s covered.

But hmm I wonder is it possible that the new soap my mom has bought, is too strong or too mild for my skin?

Or maybe the laundry detergent?

Or could it be that taking a hot shower, During rapid random weather climates?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2007, 05:55 AM
    There are many possibilities.

You said that your mom bought new soap, I would say that is my first guess as well. Go back to the old soap and see if that condition goes away.

For laundry detergent maybe it is best to by Ivory, more natural, gentle and safe for a baby. This will help determine if it is detergent. I myself use baby detergent now.

It could also be climate changes. If you have a thick layer of clothes on and your sweating, then you take a shower. It could cause that to happen.

If by eliminating the possibilities you have thought of and nothing works I would suggest you see your doctor. Could be a developed allergy.

Question as well, do you have any pets or knows anybody with pets? Your might be allergic?

Hope this helps you and let us all know what happens and what it was?

Joe
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 21, 2007, 08:09 AM
    It sounds as though it is temperature related.

If it were an allergy of some sort it would itch severely and stay around for way more than 2 minutes. If indeed it is an allergy the only thing that would get rid of it would to be shower or bathe with another soap, and change detergents.

Allergies do not go away that quickly.

You may need to adjust the temperature of your shower.
    xHypoCondriacx Posts: 118, Reputation: 3

Feb 23, 2008, 12:56 AM
    Topic Closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has anyone ever tried grisi mother of pearl soap or their papaya soap? [ 2 Answers ]

I've purchased a bar of grisi mother of pearl soap(concha de nacar) and it is supposed to aid in fading small brown spots. If anyone has had experience withthese two products,can you give me insight as to how well it actually works?

Whirlpool washer leaves a lot of detergent on clothes [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I have a 3 year old Whirpool washer. Its been running great but recently when we use dry detergent on the machine, we end up with clothes sticking with a lot of detergent still. We had tried to used less detergent but it doesn't work. Also tried to put in the detergent after the water...

Kenmore Front Loading Detergent Dispenser [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I have a Kenmore front loading washer that is relatively new with the detergent/bleach/fabric softener dispenser that pulls out like a little drawer. Lately when I put the fabric softener in -it all leaks into the load right away instead of waiting to release during the rinse...

Soap Actor [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone te;ll me the name of the Actor who played 'Christian' in Hollyoaks??

Soap Awards [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone no when the Soap Opera Digest Awards are on or when the nominees are announced, can't find anything about it on the net.

View more questions Search