Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adthern Posts: 282, Reputation: 28

Feb 1, 2011, 03:35 PM
    Anyone have experience with a heated driveway?
    Was wondering if anyone had a heated driveway or installed one. I'd like to know the good, the bad, and the ugly on them.

To be installed in Massachusetts.

Thanks
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2011, 06:40 PM

Had one in the 60's.

Expensive to run. Needed 50 amp circuit to operate. Need driveway sloped to side with good drainage. Also had 2 dry wells to pick up run off.Back then could not use under black top, had to be concrete. Don't know about now.

Not a good thing in area with high water table.

Good luck

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you reliably pour a new concrete driveway over an old concrete driveway? [ 2 Answers ]

The city came through a neighborhood that I have a rental on and elevated the road about 10 inches and installed new city sidewalks also 10 inches higher and poured a cheap asphalt ramp to the older cracked but functional driveway. In my mind I want to rip out the asphalt ramp, place some forms,...

Heated [ 1 Answers ]

I was being restrained in my baby daddys arm he wouldn't let go and then I saw another girl rubbing up against him as I was still lying next to him and he says look at this and she went down to his penis and started giving him a blow job and he wanted me to watch I was so upset started calling him...

Experience? Does my previous work count as actual bookkeeping experience? [ 10 Answers ]

I have done work that required , I kept all records for a friends pharmacy delivery company mileage, orders,submitting this info for payment from company's and reconciling company's statements with her stubs to make sure she was paid correctly for all work she did. Also did similar work for a...

Should I resurface my asphalt driveway or get a complete new asphalt driveway [ 3 Answers ]

My asphalt driveway looks so bad that my insurance company has considered it a serious hazard. Do I resurface the existing driveway. I have a contractor telling me that he would level the existing driveway and place a 2 inch top coat of asphalt on top. Will a resurface last just as long as a...

Heated floors [ 1 Answers ]

Have gutted my bathroom, would like to lose the steam radiator. Who knows if heated floors would keep room warm? What other options do I have now that room is completely gutted. Plan on using tile for the floor

View more questions Search