Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DAVE231 Posts: 91, Reputation: 9

Feb 1, 2011, 12:28 PM
    Distribution from Roth IRA.
    In 2010 I took a withdrawl from my Roth IRA. I've had this IRA for twelve years and I am 63, so this was a qualified distribution. Today I received a 1099-R showing this withdrawl. Even though I know that it isn't taxable, do I still need to report it somewhere on my 1040 tax return? Thanks in advance for your time. Dave.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 11, 2011, 02:54 PM
    Yes, you DO need to report the withdrawal as a non-taxable withdrawal on Line 15a of Form 1040.
    DAVE231 Posts: 91, Reputation: 9

Feb 11, 2011, 03:35 PM
    Thank you AtlantaTaxExpert.You're the best! If you ever come to Connecticut, let me know. I'd like to buy you lunch. Thanks again.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 11, 2011, 03:47 PM
    I will take yo up on that, if I can find you. Connecticut is a BIG state!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

# of Roth IRA/IRA and Contributions [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone in the banking business tell me if it is true that you can only contribute $6,000.00 a year to your IRA Savings Account? Can you contribute more $? Can you have more than one IRA and more than one Roth IRA and contribute all that you want to contribute each year?

Roth IRA and Roth 401(k) [ 1 Answers ]

Can I make contributions to a Roth IRA, when I am already contributing to a Roth 401(k) plan? If so, what are the limits? Thank you,

Cashing out part of IRA or ROTH IRA due to Hardship [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell me what are the reasons that you can claim hardship on an IRA or ROTH IRA? I have been unemployed for over a year and need to cashing some of my IRA to just pay bills and live. Are there penalties and taxes that need to be paid on this money? Thanks,

Should I/how to convert IRA-BDA to a Roth IRA [ 0 Answers ]

A few years ago I inherited an IRA. It's now referred to as an IRA-BDA. It is all one mutual fund. As it stands now, when I withdraw from it I have the option of taking out 10-15% taxes on the amount withdrawn, or waiting until tax time to pay it. 1.Would it be more beneficial to change my...

View more questions Search