Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kimmy1000 Posts: 37, Reputation: 0

Feb 1, 2011, 09:24 AM
    Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit
    Hi. My question is about blasphemy against the holy spirit. A pastor prophesied in my life and I said that he lied. Is this blasphemy against the Holy Spirit if it wasn't a lie? Thank you
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2011, 09:36 AM

Let's put it this way: the last time someone came up to me and said "I have a message from God for you," I replied, "God knows my number and can contact me directly, thank you."

No, if he wasn't lying you haven't blasphemed anything. You've done the sensible thing by testing the spirits as the Bible tells us to do. The "blasphemy" that Jesus talks about is deliberately attributing God's work to Satan when you know with certainty that it really was God. That is definitely not the case here, so you're okay.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 1, 2011, 09:42 AM
    I don't believe in the ability of anyone to know the future. But aside from that, a prophecy can't be known to be true or false until the event has happened or not. So to me it is foolish to predict, and it's foolish to decide in advance whether it is a lie.

I wouldn't call it blasphemy (being a pastor doesn't give anyone special holiness) but I would apologize for calling this pastor a liar.

Feb 1, 2011, 09:44 AM
    Comment on dwashbur's post
    Thank you so much this is all I needed to know
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2011, 10:34 AM

Kimmy,

Even if you told the Lord himself you thought he was lying it isn't blasphemy against the Holy spirit.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2011, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dwashbur View Post
    Let's put it this way: the last time someone came up to me and said "I have a message from God for you," I replied, "God knows my number and can contact me directly,
    I have a message from the Lord to you Dave... God is NOT finsihed with Israel!.

Psalms 121:4 he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2011, 11:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    I have a message from the Lord to you Dave....God is NOT finsihed with Israel!....

Psalms 121:4 he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
    See my earlier post :p:p:p:p:p
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2011, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmy1000 View Post
    Hi. My question is about blasphemy against the holy spirit. A pastor prophesied in my life and I said that he lied. Is this blasphemy against the Holy Spirit if it wasn't a lie? thank you
    Scripture tells us that prophesy is to be both judged and confirmed so a single prophecy is just to be laid aside, only time will tell if the prophecy is false. When a Pastor exercises a gift he may prophesy or he may be speaking a word of knowledge. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is attributing evil to the works of the Holy Spirit not disputing a word given by a Pastor, but you should receive all words given to you quietly and think about them.

Feb 1, 2011, 04:28 PM
    Comment on paraclete's post
    Thanks much
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Feb 9, 2011, 06:58 PM
    Comment on dwashbur's post
    Excellent answer.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Feb 22, 2011, 11:37 AM
    No, if a pastor says something over you that you KNOW to be false and you call him out on it... it's no error on your part. If he says something that IS true and you are simply trying to deny it... it's still not blaspheming the Holy Spirit. I myself have been prophesied over a couple time... twice it was right on the money and one time was completely wrong. I, too, told the man who said those things over me that they were not correct in my life and he apologized and asked forgiveness right then and there to God for saying those things. There are a few things we tend to forget about prophesy and the Spiritual Gifts of the Holy Spirit.

1) These Gifts are subject TO the prophet (1 Corinthians 14:32). Meaning that God doesn't just take control of these people and force His words through their mouths. The prophecy is SUBJECT to the one who has the gift. I am sure it is possible, and in fact I know that it happens... some people may confuse an actual word from God for someone with their own thoughts/emotions towards the person. This does not nullify the validity of prophesy, but it should be taken to heart, especially pertaining to the man of God who is speaking over people's lives, how serious it is to be speaking on behalf of God for someone.

2) While, in the O.T. a prophet was one whom a knowledge of the future was given, do not confuse that with the Spiritual Gift of prophesy. In light of the N.T. Spiritual gifts, those O.T. prophets were working in the gift of the Word of Wisdom, which is a knowledge of future events. The gift of prophesy is not necessarily given by a prophet (a mouthpiece of God) and is actually simply the edification of a person or the church as a whole. When some gives a word of prophesy, they are not foretelling someone's future, they are building someone up. The gift of prophesy is no different than the gift of tongues with interpretation (1 Corinthians 14:22-25). One is simply meant, in a public setting, for unbelievers while the other is meant more for believers.

Feb 26, 2011, 05:08 PM
    Comment on hauntinghelper's post
    Thankz a lot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blasphemy against The Holy Spirit [ 50 Answers ]

Hi, My question is in regards to Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. I am a practicing christian (But haven't attended church for several years). In a fit of anger I Blasphemed against the Holy spirit by sayiny ''F#!& Off Holy Spirit. I have read many articles since then and they all point to one...

Holy Spirit [ 8 Answers ]

I would like to know how other believers discern the voice of God's Holy Spirit speaking to you. Do you battle within yourself trying to discern if it's your flesh, Satan or the Holy Spirit? How do you really know you are doing God's will?

What is the holy spirit? [ 29 Answers ]

Is it a person? Does ability to speak with great emotion in a tongue that a person never studied prove that he has God’s spirit? Who is baptized with holy spirit?

Grieve the Holy Spirit [ 22 Answers ]

I stumbled across some posts on "you tube" that made me weep. People are posting videos where they public renounce God and Jesus.:eek: Before I was a Christian I was a good sinner I did it all lie,some drugs , stole ,adultery. But never would I even think of denying Jesus I mean I didn't really...

Blasphemy Holy Spirit [ 12 Answers ]

I was in church one Sunday about 5 yrs ago and felt the Holy Spirit persuade me to go to the alter for salvation. I didn't go because I was a member of that church. Then I grew so severely depressed that I had to be hospitalized. One night I got to thinking that if I committed the unpardonable sin...

View more questions Search