Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CSDH2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2011, 09:20 AM
    Florida child support laws for a non-constodial parent that hasn't paid in 12 months.
    My x has shared custody of our child. He hasn't seen him in over 4 years. He stopped paying child support oner 12 months ago. The IRS law says that he can't claim the child because he has not contributed to his welfare for at least 6 months of the year, yet the court says that he can claim our child every other year. He doesn't have a job, no drivers lic. Can I get the courts to modify the divorce decree?

Check out some similar questions!

Step parent child support rules in Florida [ 2 Answers ]

I am a step father. I married into parenthood when my step son was 14 months old, he is now 7 years old. His biological father is in prison but is ordered to pay support. Would I legally be required to pay in the state of Florida?

Can non custodial parent get money from dead child estate if never paid child support [ 1 Answers ]

Custodial parents car insurance will only pay the representative of the estate under the uninsured motorist coverage. If custodial parent files to be the administator, does she have to split the money with the non custodial parent who has never cared for the deceased child or paid on the support...

Florida state laws about child support for a non biological child [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend was ordered to pay child support for his ex girlfriends child she told him they weren't his and he asked the judge for a DNA the judge in turn asked to mother if she wanted to do a DNA and she said no so the judge is denied his request and ordered the support. Isn't there something he...

Is the step parent required to pay child support in Oregon or Florida? [ 8 Answers ]

I am the step dad to my wife's sons who live full time in Oregon in the custody of her family. I have never met them, they are ages 16 and 18 and stayed up there for school. I am military and move a lot. We are currently stationed in Florida which is where we got married. She pays and is up to...

Ex hasn't seen daughter in 18 months, and has paid no child support [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my ex hasn't seen my daughter since March 2008. I have full physical custody and, we share legal custody. He was ordered to pay child support in May 2008. The judge also stated I could have the support payments start from the day I petioned the papers and, that he would also have to pay...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.