Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tcmfamy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2003, 09:13 AM
    Editing bio report (2)
    This is the second part of my report, can someone please check if I've written it correctly? Is this the right format and have I made any mistakes? Thanks so so much!

AIM: To determine which plant grows best in terms of its height, internode length and size of their leaves, based on four different concentrations of Auxin.

Hypothesis: The pea plant with the highest concentration of Auxin spray will have the best growth results out of the other three plants. If a high concentration of Auxin promotes shoot growth in plants, then this leads us to predict that the cells in the shoot are being elongated the most with the highest concentration of Auxin in this investigation. Auxin may increase growth in leaves as they're essential for developing leaves to grow. Auxin is synthesised naturally in developing leaves therefore if the concentration is higher than it naturally produced, larger leaves may start to grow. Therefore the plant with highest concentration of Auxin will show best growth results.

Materials
    4 ice-cream containers
    4 plant pots
    Ruler
    Marker
    Growing medium (pottery mix)
    32 pea seeds
    IAA dissolved in water (1000, 100,10 and 0ppm)

Method
    I've placed pottery mix into four pots and added eight seeds to each of the pot. The pots were marked and identified as A, B, C and D, indicating A (the highest concentration of Auxin) to C (the lowest concentration) and D is the control (no Auxin spray but other treatments the same). I then planted the seeds about 6cm below the surface and covered them with soil. I then added little amount of water (enough to damp the soil down a bit) in order to fill more soil in until I've topped the pot. The pots were then placed into ice-cream containers used as a water reservoir. The pots were placed outdoor in an area where the plants could obtain sufficient sunlight. The plants were watered twice per day. Once the shoot starts to appear out from the soil, measurements were made with the ruler. I measured 3 components: length of the leaves (from node to leaf end), lengths between internodes and the height of the plants. These measurements were made every 4 days and are recorded in centimetres.
    Auxin were given in 1000ppm, I sprayed the 1000ppm Auxin onto plant A first then I've started to dilute the 1000ppm Auxin with 10mls of water and sprayed it on plant B. I added another 10mls of water to what I've just sprayed on plant B and sprayed those on plant C. Auxin were sprayed twice in this experiment, first time sprayed one day after the first measurements were made. The second time was about a week and a half later. Calculation of the mean of each pot was made to help plot the graph. T-tests were used to test accuracy of results.
    qbp54321 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2004, 10:35 PM
    editing bio report (2)
    The lab report look's great to me. Good luck on it. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Video editing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a home video and want to upload it on my website but there is some markings on the video Can I clean those marking so no one can read them while playing video They are on the left lower corner of the video If there is any software to clear them please let me know Thanks

Movie Editing... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys, I am having problems with editing a video. Actually I have shot 23 minute-video and some pictures too. I wanted to make a project using all the aforementioned stuff where I need to put subtitles also. But I can't use any software since the video file is NEROMIX VIDEO FILE. I...

View more questions Search