Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wally252 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2011, 07:51 PM
    Can my employer deduct my insurance premium I pay from total income on W-2?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 31, 2011, 08:26 PM

Yes, and on your pay stubs you should see it listed as (pre)tax.

Its one of the benefits still in effect from the bush tax deductions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused on total premium and policy purchased [ 1 Answers ]

I was given a Adjust Trial Balance for January 31, 2010, the Prepaid Insurance was $2,142 and the Insurance Expense $357 fro January 31, 2010, and was asked if the amount Insurance Expense is the January 31 adjusting entry, and the original insurance premium was for one year, what was the total...

Does employer continue to pay insurance while waiting for a COBRA Insurance election? [ 1 Answers ]

When an employee has been terminated from employment, how many days after termination does the employer have to pay the insurance premium on the employee while waiting for the employee to decide on COBRA?

Employer did not deduct FICA and Medicare. How should I proceed? [ 21 Answers ]

On Dec 1st, I was notified by my employer that due to an error in reclassification of my immigration status in the payroll system when I transitioned from F-1 OPT to H-1B Visa, the appropriate FICA and Medicare taxes were not deducted from my paychecks in 2008. I was not aware of this error and,...

Is it illegal for an employer to deduct wages. [ 5 Answers ]

Recently a package wasn't mailed properly and my boss said that since we had to resend the package I had to pay for it:mad: personally or it would be deducted out of my check... can anyone tell me where I can find information on the legality of this situation... I live in an at will employement...

Employer did not deduct SS / Medicare [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I informed my employer that I was working on F-1 / OPT and asked whether that made me exempt from SS and Medicare. They thought so, and consequently my W2 for 2007 is blank in these fields, and I haven't paid either. However, this is my 7th year in the US, and I filed taxes (pretty much...

View more questions Search