Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gmugnolo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2011, 07:08 PM
    Touch 'N Go Garage Door - Wall mounted touch pad
    The (garage) wall-mounted touch pad for my Touch 'N Go Garage Door opener (Model 1000A) no longer works. I realize that this product is no longer in production, but are there any outlets where a replacement pad can be ordered OR will any universal wall-mount pad work for this unit?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 31, 2011, 08:05 PM

We would need more information on the circuit design. For example, does the touch pad supply a ground to the circuit or complete a voltage connection for the circuit?

Do you have a schematic of the door opener?
    gmugnolo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2011, 08:28 PM
    I'm asking about the wall mounted push-button door opener activator or controller. There is a low v wire that runs from inside the wall to the over head unit mechanism (that drives the chain). Don't know about the circuit design & there is no schematic. Just purchased the home...
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2011, 10:44 AM
    Does the door work with a remote? If so, disconnect the LV wires at the wall push button and touch them together. Door works? If so, get a push button for a doorbell. If not, you have a broken wire or something in the opener. Find where the LV wires connect to the opener panel and short across them. Door opens? You have a bad wire to the unit. Squirrels and mice will chew them. If not, the control panel, LV transformer or motor is bad.
    karol hensel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2013, 07:04 PM
    I have a touch and go 1000a garage door I want to change the keypad code, I cannot find the "learn button" on the motor of the garage door opener. Can you give
    Me a clue where it is, the cover is off and I do not see any blue or red button. Thanks karol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Touch n go garage door opener mfg 810331 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a touch n go digital overhead garage door opener. The remote will not work, how can I replace it, it shows freq 360-BDC, MFG 810331

What is the master code for a 2002 Mercury; my Touch pad for door locks [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 2002 Mercury Marquis, I do not have the 5 digit code for the touch pad. I was told there is a "master mfg. code"? And once you Have that, you can change it to your personal pin. Any help out there?

How do I syncronize my remote control garage door pad with my garage door [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how I can syncronize my remote control pad to open the garage door from the car?? I recently reset my code on the panel, because I didn't know the original code and now when I drive up in the car, my remote contral pad does not work to open the garage door... Any possible...

Touch pad not working [ 1 Answers ]

My operating system windows vista home. Suddenly touchpad not working please help for rectify. Thanks.

Touch pad not working [ 2 Answers ]

I have a LEADER laptop which was purchased in Australia. The touch pad is not working today - it was fine yesterday and now I can't get it to work. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to get it working?

View more questions Search