Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2011, 04:59 PM
    Spaghetti squash
    I am making spaghetti squash for the first time tonight. :)

I have just cut it in half and it's in the oven, but for future reference...
    Is there an easier way to cut that sucker in half besides a chain saw? It was very scary and I was very careful not to cut my arm off.:eek:

Maybe cook a little first and then cut? Or microwave a little?
    :confused:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 31, 2011, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Dahlia View Post
    I am making spaghetti squash for the first time tonight. :)

I have just cut it in half and it's in the oven, but for future reference....
    is there an easier way to cut that sucker in half besides a chain saw? It was very scary and I was very careful not to cut my arm off.:eek:

Maybe cook a little first and then cut? or microwave a little?
    :confused:

Yes, poke it all over and microwave on high for l or 2 minutes. Easy to deal with after that. Depending on the size of the sucker, of course.

Of topic, but squash is squash. When I can pumpkin, I cut in half, raw, and bake in the oven until soft, and then scoop out seeds and then scoop out meat; and then hot water bottle the pulp. Same thing, only you want to eat it right away, so microwave to get the job done.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jan 31, 2011, 05:36 PM

Oh I like to boil my squash for a few min, just to soften up the skin. Only spaghetti squash though. Then I cut in half and use a fork to scrape out the "noodles". Mmm Watcha making?
    Dogs Expert

Jan 31, 2011, 05:37 PM

Usually all I do is boil the water, submerge the squash and then take it out after a few min.
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2011, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    Oh I like to boil my squash for a few min, just to soften up the skin. Only spaghetti squash though. Then I cut in half and use a fork to scrape out the "noodles". mmm Watcha making??
    Sauteed onions, garlic, tomatoes, kalamata olives, feta and maybe a little goat cheese at the end:D
    Dogs Expert

Jan 31, 2011, 06:22 PM

MMMMMMMMMM I just ate roasted chicken, garlic mashed and brown sugar carrots, and my mouth is still drooling from what you are cooking!

Would your squash fit in one of those big pots, I think they call them a dutch oven?
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2011, 08:26 PM

Probably, but that's a lot of water to boil and I am electric only. I need to save energy. Next time I will try the microwave thingy:)
    SadButTrue70 Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Aug 4, 2011, 09:44 AM
    Comment on Just Dahlia's post
    OMG that sounds wonderful!
    SadButTrue70 Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Aug 4, 2011, 09:48 AM
    My Boyfriend made it for me, he just used a big knife and perforated it a little first. I think the other answers are better :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blue plastic book like toy. Phrase maker. In my spaghetti [ 2 Answers ]

Looking to find the name of a toy that looked like a book it was blue Buttons to push to make silly sentences... on that I remember is in my spaghetti. Does anyone know what this was called and who made it.

Opinion on spaghetti [ 6 Answers ]

It's my husband (Glen) birthday week and he wants Spaghetti on Friday for dinner. 9 adults and 2 children. His idea of spaghetti is a meat Bolognese sauce wirh actual 'Spaghetti' noodles. I'm going to make it his way since it is his birthday and all but... Does anyone else have a problem...

Flying Spaghetti Monster [ 11 Answers ]

Pasta monster gets academic attention Flying Spaghetti Monster gets laughs but also raises serious questions Pasta monster gets academic attention - Technology & science - MSNBC.com When some of the world's leading religious scholars gather in San Diego this weekend, pasta will be on the...

Spaghetti anyone. [ 2 Answers ]

A wealthy man was having an affair with an Italian woman for several Years. One night, during one of their rendezvous, she confided in him that she Was pregnant. Not wanting to ruin his reputation or his marriage, he paid her a large Sum of money if she would go to Italy to secretly have the...

Squash [ 1 Answers ]

How can I tell if buttercup squash is ripe. I just picked one and it was not ripe. I live in Minnesota :o Eva

View more questions Search