Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    think_pink Posts: 124, Reputation: 5

Jan 15, 2007, 06:14 PM
    What should I do after going to the principle?
    :confused: today its my worst day ever . First of all I got detention (not the only one , with 6 other people ) my school usually finished at 2:30 but I got detantion till 2:50 after I got out of the detention room I went to my locker and I found everything missed up my cell phone(pink , razer 3vc ) was missing (stolen ) mp3 player was missing and my watch was missing it was obvius that someone broke my lock and stole them I went to the principle and told her she said she's going to make announcement . I thoght that it migh be a girl cause the cell phone its pink (they could sell it but they can't cause they can't put sim card , its telus ) I took the bus and went home . I dicided that when I found out who did it I'm going to kick his/her/ there a** off (not sure for that)

What should I do next? My sis its upset over me cause she bough the cell phone not me she paid $400 for it not me and I lost it what should I do ? Should I pay her for the cell phone ? My sis told me to don't take it to school but I take the bus and I got lost I almost went really far once . What should I do ? Except kicking there a** off ? Help I'm so confused:confused: that I can't even think...

Thanks for reading this
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2007, 09:05 PM
    Kicking someone's a** isn't going to get your phone back.

You have been to the principle and that is all you can really do!

I would also suggest that you get some extra help with your English because your spelling is terrible.

Detention not detantion
    I'm going to 'sell' my phone. Not 'cell' my phone!
    Decided not dicided

Not being rude but perhaps you should concentrate more on school then cell phones and kicking peoples a**'s which will only get you more detention!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 15, 2007, 09:14 PM
    First no body needs a 400 dollar phone, and most certainly not a middle school child. So that is the first error, taking cell phones to school.
    And this goes double for a MP3 player.

And a watch is made to be worn to tell time, not left in a locker.

Most likely someone who knew you had these things stole them to sell them, not keep them and use them.

Fighting only gets your expelled and makes it a lot worst. If you find out who did it, you report them to the authorities,

Your parents should call and file a police report on this, also the school and have them look into how your locker was broken into.

I think you are responsible to pay for the phone, since it is your fault, and need to learn responsibility
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Jan 15, 2007, 09:18 PM
    I think that you sister is being a bit rude. First off, if it was stolen it was stolen. You can't help for your school's lack of locker proctection or w/e... if you left it open and or unlocked there's your problem and in that case you are to blame. ANYWAY... hurting people isn't the right way to go. I say that crap too, but do I really hurt people no. I say it when I am angry, but perhap's you can tone it down a bit. Don' get yourself into trouble. I think you should tell your sister its not your fault and to just wait until you get it back, if you don't oh well. Crap happen's. Good luck.

Also I do not think that this is a post on a lesson in grammar. I spell incorrcetly too. As for focusing on school true, but perhaps they already do? I mean let's not judge here. Plus when people are upset they tend to say thing's that normally they wouldn't say. :-)
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2007, 02:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynefreak
    Also i do not think that this is a post on a lesson in grammer. I spell incorrcetly too. As for focusing on school true, but perhaps they already do? I mean let's not judge here. Plus when ppl are upset they tend to say thing's that normally they wouldn't say. :-)
    I wasn't judging, merely stating a fact. If people can't take constructive criticism they will get nowhere in life!
    Taukame Posts: 92, Reputation: 26

Jan 16, 2007, 02:26 PM
    You say that if you find out who took your things, you're going to kick their a**, what exactly is that person supposed to be doing while you are kicking their a**?? I hope you don't think that they are just going to stand there and let you do that.
    Now you know that the lockers at your school aren't secure, so don't take valuable things to school. Expensive lesson I know, but hey, live and learn.
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

Jan 16, 2007, 02:27 PM
    Ok, lets see here where do we start. We have theft by breaking and entering (a locker), principal says he will make an announcement which in turn may get think pink in more trouble, cause we all know how mean kids can be. I say you notify the authorities as Fr_Chuck suggested and make a police report. And I agree that the school should be doing more than "making an announcement" when someone's locker has been broken into. These lockers are meant to be a place where the kids can put their belongings like jackets, shoes, etc (and yes an occasional phone or mp3 player)
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2007, 02:48 PM
    Comments on this post
    Rugrat765 disagrees: I disagree

What exactly do you disagree with?

Jan 16, 2007, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    First no body needs a 400 dollar phone, and most certainly not a middle school child. So that is the first error, taking cell phones to school.
    And this goes double for a MP3 player.

And a watch is made to be worn to tell time, not left in a locker. [....]

[....]I think you are responsible to pay for the phone, since it is your fault, and need to learn responsiblity

First of all you said 400 dollas cell phone it wasn't mine it was my sis's she bough it for me it usually costs 400 dollars but not when you take a plan / contract
    The watch was in my locker cause I was playing volleyball at lunch time ( can't pumb a ball with a watch ) and the mp3 player wasn't bought from canada it was from cyprus that means cheaper and music is my life

And I'm kind of respnsible sometimes but oh and I need a cell phone cause I take the bus and might got lost you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Taukame
    You say that if you find out who took your things, you're going to kick thier a**, what exactly is that person supposed to be doing while you are kicking thier a**????? I hope you don't think that they are just going to stand there and let you do that.
    Now you know that the lockers at your school aren't secure, so don't take valuable things to school. Expensive lesson I know, but hey, live and learn.

That's true though but but I usually don't leave my "expensive " stuff in my locker except when I have gym class

Thanks anywayz

Quote Originally Posted by kanicky73
    Ok, lets see here where do we start. We have theft by breaking and entering (a locker), principal says he will make an announcement which in turn may get think pink in more trouble, cause we all know how mean kids can be. I say you notify the authorities as Fr_Chuck suggested and make a police report. And I agree that the school should be doing more than "making an announcement" when someone's locker has been broken into. These lockers are meant to be a place where the kids can put their belongings like jackets, shoes, etc (and yes an occasional phone or mp3 player)

I agree and I'm going to tallk to the principle tomorrow AGAIN
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 23, 2007, 06:02 PM
    I liked SKELL"s spelling lesson. Maybe spell check did not catch his principle instead of principal. Many people misspell in e-mails but check out the three boxes at the bottom of the "Answer this Question" box. Everyone can have a free spell check.

A police report should be made and that will require parental involvement. Homeowners insurance may cover all or part of the phone cost. Check you cell plan. Some plans include insurance.
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2007, 06:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    I liked SKELL"s spelling lesson. Maybe spell check did not catch his principle instead of principal. Many people misspell in e-mails but check out the three boxes at the bottom of the "Answer this Question" box. Everyone can have a free spell check.

A police report should be made and that will require parental involvement. Homeowners insurance may cover all or part of the phone cost. Check you cell plan. Some plans include insurance.
    My mistake and thanks for picking it up and pointing it out. I'm very rarely, if ever, wrong, but when I am I like to be picked up on it! ;)

Principle / principal is one of my pet dislikes too. I just finished writing a thesis about principle contractors in the construction industry so it was on my mind and I must have let it slip through.

Just on that though, I don't mind the odd spelling mistake or lack of punctuation, as I am guilty of it myself, just constant and ignorant misspelling is annoying. And I know that is whole other thread so I won't go on!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 23, 2007, 07:01 PM
    The princiPAL is your friend. A Principle is a position you stand behind.
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    The princiPAL is your friend. A Principle is a position you stand behind.
    Oh you bring back memories Scott. That's how I learnt the difference at school, which makes it worse that I let it slip through!

Jan 24, 2007, 09:42 AM
    You people are getting so freaking off topic... she asked WHAT she should do about this problem. So what she miss spelled something's. Wow, all my post's have missed spelled words, are we to assume your impliying she's or anyone who can't spell isn't smart? She don't need a lesson that's what she's going to school for. ANYway, I think you need to talk to the head of your school asap and if he woln't do anything get your parent's involved. If they are good parent's they would be on your side. End of story.

Jan 24, 2007, 09:45 AM
    Oh an she only said principle like once... LOL
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2007, 10:04 AM
    Think Pink.

First off please do not respond with violence. That will only lead to more trouble for you.
    Second: Listen to Father C. he is right about a police report
    Third: Even for PE you should not be leaving things in your locker. At the school where I teach students are not allowed to have cell phones or MP3 Players with them for just that reason. And if they do they have to have special permission. Cell phones are then given to a teacher to lock up until the end of the day... is there a teacher that would do that for you?
    Fourth:Continue to go back to the principal until you get more of a response. You should feel safe in school. If that does not work, go to a teacher or counselor. They might be able to get the principal to take a stand.
    Fifth: Until you can get a new less expensive phone, perhaps a track phone where you purchase minutes as you use them might be a good alternative.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 24, 2007, 12:26 PM
    Loved reading SKELL spelling lesson. Maybe spell check did not catch his use of principle instead of principal or can't instead of can't. Students aren't the best speller but you should try using the spell check offered below the Answer the question box.
    A police report should be filed by your parents. Thieft inside a school is not simply the schools area of authority. With a police report you might find that your homeowners insurance will cover the phone. Many cell plans include insurance, check your plan. Have your parents call the Principal rereatedly for update.

ScottGem, I think you missed my point. I was not criticizing think_pink. I was criticizing SKELL for making fun of THINK_PINK's spelling errors. SKELL was making his own errors while criticizing someone else. SKELL wrote principle instead of principal and also wrote can't instead of can't.

Jan 24, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Wouldn't let me agree, but ballengerb1 I agree.

Jan 24, 2007, 04:53 PM
    First of all I asked what can I do MORE ABOUT IT and you people (some of you , not all ) end up talking about my spelling and I did a mistake by writing PRINCIPLE instead of PRINSIPAL like come on its just a word and english even if I live in a country that had english as a first language english Isn't MY FIRST LANGUAGE ! And second thing is that I didn't found any of my stuff that got stolen the school tried its best and now actually I replaced my mp3 player with an iPod nano so its all good and I replaced my watch with a pink one lol and its just missing a cell phone that I'm getting soon (hope ) and the only thing I have to say is

NEVER LEAVE YOUR STUFF IN YOUR LOCKER NEVER NEVER NEVER Except YOUR NOTES LOL NO ONE WOULD STEAL NOTE LOL

So now when my iPod arrives lol I'm not leaving it in my locker except if I have gym (I'll think about it ) lol

Thanks anyway

* never forget THINK PINK lol

Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    Loved reading SKELL spelling lesson. Maybe spell check did not catch his use of principle instead of principal or can't instead of can't. Students aren't the best speller but you should try using the spell check offered below the Answer the question box.

Lol I didn't use the spell check cause I was too desperate for an answer/help/suggestion and the can't I wrote it as a can't cause I write it like that when I chat on the internet cause its waste of time at school believe me I'm one of the good spellers oh and from now and on I use the spell check so some people won't start switching the answer into something else lol :)

*always think pink lol lol lol:p
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 24, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by think_pink
    so now when my ipod arrives lol im not leaving it in my locker exept if i have gym (i'll think about it )
    Isn't that when your stuff got stolen to begin with? Why invite trouble?

Also, if you are getting another phone, please leave it home like your sister asked you to.

Quote Originally Posted by think_pink
    i need a cell phone cause i take the bus and might got lost you know .......
    I may be confused, but I don't see how you can get lost on your way home from school if you ride the school bus that drops you off at the same place every day and you take the same route home every day. I think this may be just an excuse to take the phone to school.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Accounts double-entry principle [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I'm a student preparing for my accounts exams My question What are the balances use to make up the Trial Balance and how do you prepare it?

Guiding principle behind the fourteen points [ 1 Answers ]

Who was the guiding principle behind the fourteen points?

Help I'm going crazy [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am really depressed as my mum does not let me out of the house at all I am always kept inside. I am losing my friends at my new school in england I have just started - a dance school. I live in the Channel islands. I knew this girl at my old school and she was a good friend to me and I told...

Principle of double effect [ 4 Answers ]

The principle of double effect in the corporate world: what does the catholic church means by the notiona of principle of double effect. Please give me an an example as well.. Thanks

Help me please I'm going crazy [ 3 Answers ]

OK you well I still like my ex he broke up wit me, because he thought I lied to him but really I didn't.and I've told him the whole story and the misunderstanding that he had so we have talked and do still sometimes. But the prob is I still really love him and all my friends want me to bac out wit...

View more questions Search