Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    triciasdish Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 05:35 PM
    HELP! Should I seek medical attention for a deep cut
    I was washing a glass and while my hand was in it, I cut it when a piece of the glass popped right off and sheered into my hand above the thumb knuckle. The flap of skinn immediately turned white and of course bleed. I wrapped it and kept pressure on it.
    However I clearly took off all layers, the flap has shriveled on all sides, the open cut has a dime size exposure where I can see two blood vessels under the fascia clearly.
    Im not sure if the healthy part of skin that is keeping the flap attached will allow this flap (which sticks up because of the "curling in" of the edges) to eventually fall off. Nor do I know if the loss of all layers will still allow growth of new skin.
    This is a ugly nasty one!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2007, 05:43 PM
    Go to emergency.
    triciasdish Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 07:14 PM
    Thank you. This was my first time using the site.

Tricia
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Your welcome
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 15, 2007, 07:21 PM
    Often your deep cut can be the worst, since infection can get in and not be easy to clean. I would always suggest if and when you are not sure, take the safe range and get medical attention

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lying for sympathy, getting attention or just because? [ 19 Answers ]

I always make it seem like something is wrong when its not. Why do I do this, am I the only one? I'll even make up stories about my life or my past, things that don't make me look better but worse, or make my life worse. Why? I know I'm doing it but I still do it... in many different ways..? ...

Deep Deep Depths [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know the approximate depth of the deepest point in the ocean? Any ocean, the deepest one obviously hahaha Thanks

What Did Cain seek to Accomplish? [ 18 Answers ]

I really can't pin down what Cain felt he was accomplishing by killing Abel. God had rejected his sacrifice and Cain was angered. Killing Abel would not change that rejection into acceptance. In fact it would obviously increase the rejection since he was warned before he killed Cain to change his...

How to seek the market for Rebar Cutter? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,everyone!I'm maker of rebar cutter(construction tool),how to find a market for it.Thanks in advance.:mad: www.cndingli.com

Get the coach's attention [ 4 Answers ]

The only way I can describe basketball and me is, pure love. I play any chance I can get and I'm always spraining my ankles because of that. I play for an all star team, and I also play in a recreation league The problem I have is making the school team. I try my hardest. I dive for balls and do...

View more questions Search