Can your employer cuts your days for not selling Easter Seal Promotions
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2011, 04:19 PM

If there is no contracts, or union yes, not right, not fair but they can
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 30, 2011, 05:43 PM

The answer is no. An employer cannot retaliate against you for not participating in office charities. This is not part of your job description nor can they require it be.

That being said, they can do these things as long as the provide a legitimate reason for it or, unless you can prove that's the only reason why.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Promotions and Recognition [ 1 Answers ]

Define promotions and how recognition can be achieved without promotion.

Rejecting Raises and Promotions [ 6 Answers ]

What happens in a corporate environment if a supervisor offers a raise or promotion to an employee, and the employee turns it down? For example, if the employee said that he doesn't think he deserves a raise/promotion, and wants to remain at his current level and salary.

1992 civic cuts out while driving and starts after a little while then cuts out [ 14 Answers ]

I have a 1992 civic and recently it just started cutting out while driving. The first day I was ready to get onto the freeway and it just cut out. It started again after a while and was okay getting home. It ran a little rough but made it home. The next day it was fine on the way to work but coming...

When do I do promotions again [ 1 Answers ]

We are in cosmetic dentistry and have had a bad press a fortnight ago so at present keeping a low profile. How long should we be keeping low before promoting our services again?:( :(

Promotions without pay rises [ 11 Answers ]

Following a recent re-structure, my title was altered from Business Consultant to Project Manager however I received no letter advising me of the change, no pay rise and no letter advising me who my new manager was to be. I found the information via the online company phone-book. I was...

View more questions Search