Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mikke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2011, 04:01 AM
    Vaulted Ceiling Fan?
    We recently moved into a new house with vaulted ceilings and ceiling fans. We have not been using the ceiling fans. Will our heating bills decrease and our house be warmer if we use them. If so, should they run clockwise or counterclockwise?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 30, 2011, 04:31 PM

I strongly believe in using ceiling fans in the summer and winter, as any extra circulation does tend to even out the heating and cooliing. It may even help on heating bills, certainly won't hurt. As for direction, heat rises, so in the winter most will say to run the fan so it pushes air down. In summer, cool air falls so run the fan to suck air up. But in all honesty, circulation is circulation, so wich ever way its running will help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insulation for vaulted ceiling [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best type of insulation for a house with vaulted ceilings and a tin roof ontop of OSB, with 2x8 as rafters? Need high R value since I live in WA state. I am on a tight budget too.. HELP

Ceiling fan mounted at peak of vaulted ceiling [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a way to attractively mount a ceiling fan at the peak of a vaulted ceiling?

I have a vaulted ceiling and want to install a ceiling fan. [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to install a ceiling fan and want to know how to make it look good installing a baox to hold the wiring and fan.

Hanging ceilling fan from vaulted ceiling [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 21 foot ceiling and I want to replace a ceiling fan. I have several questions: 1) the ceilling fan I purchased was from Home Depot, Hampton Bay, 52" Pointe Vecchio model # AC434-WB and in the specifications is says maximum hanging height is 12 feet. What does this mean? Is it 12 feet...

Hanging ceiling fan from vaulted ceiling peak [ 2 Answers ]

Want to install Hampton Bay's Berlini model 729395 on a cathedral ceiling with a single ridge beam. Want to hang fan from the peak and there's not enough room for the canopy to cover the hanger bracket. Is there any extenders for this?

View more questions Search