Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    richardson7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2011, 04:23 PM
    Employer left country.. fed, state, ss, and medicare withheld but not paid to govt
    My son worked at a Gas Station / Convenience store. It was one of a few stores owned by the same person, an Indian National. The owner suddenly and unexpectedly closed the stores. Employees were able to obtain their last paychecks. The pay stubs show all the appropriat deductions but it is now feared that the employer has gone back to his native country and although deductions were made he did not pay the US Gov't. My son did not receive a W2 either so we are wondering how we are to file his taxes this year.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Jan 29, 2011, 07:59 PM

Wait for W-2. If you do not get W-2 by Feb 15th, call IRS 1-800-829-1040.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 29, 2011, 08:20 PM

And if he never gets it, ( is possible if they left the country) he will have to use his check stubs to use on what he was paid, and the deductions.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 11:34 PM
    The check stubs can be used in conjunction with Form 4852 as a substitute for the W-2.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Employer Paid Taxes to Wrong State [ 6 Answers ]

I live in New York and recently started working at a job in New York. I noticed on my W2 that my company has been deducting taxes for New Jersey. I found out the company used to be located in New Jersey but moved before I started. My coworkers get New York taxes deducted so I know mine is wrong....

Employer paid wrong state MD vs TX [ 1 Answers ]

I have just be informed that my employer/or their payroll company paid Maryland states tax for me from October - December 2008. I moved to Texas from Maryland in August 2008 then started with this company in October 2008 (they are based in Maryland). They say to file non-resident tax form...

Resident of KY but employer withheld NJ state taxes [ 3 Answers ]

During complete year 2008, I worked and lived in Louisville, KY at client site but my employer is NJ based so they withheld taxes for state NJ in my pay check? I am not sure what forms I have to fill for NJ and KY to pass on tax credits to KY from NJ? I would really appreciate your help. Thanks in...

Employer withheld wrong state taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I have worked for a company in NYC for the past 12 years while living in Pennsylvania. In January 2007, my company switched me finally to our new office in Pennsylvania. Problem is that they never changed my tax withholdings from NY to PA. The issue fell between the cracks, and I never...

Employer in VA, I Live in NH which State Tax should be Withheld and filed for? [ 1 Answers ]

I work for and receive salary from, a company based in VA. I work in Boston, MA at the location of a Client of my employer. I live in NH and commute to MA. Which State Tax my employer should withheld and Where should I file my Tax Returns? Is it VA because the source of Salary is from VA based...

View more questions Search