Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetpie88 Posts: 104, Reputation: 2

Jan 29, 2011, 01:56 PM
    How does my resume look for a receptionist position?
    SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS

Ambitious, positive and proactive Business Professional eager to contribute strong organization, customer service and computer savvy toward supporting the goals of a progressive employer in an Administrative Support role

COMPUTER SKILLS
    • Windows XP
    • Ms Word
    • Excel
    • Access
    • Outlook
    • Powerpoint
    • Internet

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
    (Name of employer)- ( city and state) ( 2006-2009)
    • Arranged and organized photographs
    • Accurately wrote job numbers and titles of the photos in alphabetical order
    • Filed a storage room of more than 100 photographic proofs previously unmanageable

VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE

Volunteer, ( name of organization) (city and state) (2010)
    • Answered and routed incoming calls
    • Assisted with mailings

EDUCATION
    (name of college) (city and state)
    Completed 3 credits in Computer Information Systems (2008)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 29, 2011, 02:09 PM

Your Summary of Qualifications is not that; it is more of an Objective which is no longer useful on resumes.

Do you really know Excel and Access, or did you c/p this resume off the Internet (i.e. this site)? Are those needed for this job? If you do know them, you are greatly overqualified and may not get the job.

Jan 29, 2011, 05:11 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    I am familiar with excel and access. I used books, internet and received help with my resume a few times. I am not certain if access and excel is needed on the job the employer responded to my resume and wanted me to come in for an interview
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 29, 2011, 05:31 PM

I wish you the best, including a new job!

Jan 30, 2011, 10:21 AM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I write a cover letter for a receptionist position? [ 15 Answers ]

Hehe I just posted there. I knew it was a few days old, But I just had to shed some light on that oh so wonderful world of dropouts.

I need a best warehouse&logistics resume can anybody make a resume for me? [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2.8 years working experience as warehouse assistant (from 2005 to 2008) in ZYX company,Malaysia and from oct 2009 to till date I am working as warehouse supervisor in XYZ company,saudi arabia based on these details please make a resume for me

Can anyone help me find a receptionist job? [ 6 Answers ]

Am having a difficult time finding one that does not practice discrimination against full figured women.

KPI's of a Receptionist [ 2 Answers ]

What are the KPI's of a Receptionist?:)

Ceiling fan works in the clockwise position but not in the counterclockwise position [ 1 Answers ]

Our ceiling fan (circa 1998, Gulf STream Model 978A/five blade) has the typical switch on the side of the housing to enable the fan to go clockwise or counterclockwise. Counterclockwise works at all three speeds. Clockwise does not work at all. Gives no indication (motor noise) that there is any...

View more questions Search