Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Delow84 Posts: 309, Reputation: 45

Sep 14, 2011, 04:19 PM
    They were by texts, I have them saved and have also exported them in a .txt format. The decision wasn't technically made by a judge. My lawyer and I, and hers and hers I guess mediated. They wrote it out and then had a judge sign it. Would that count for the 2 year rule?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 14, 2011, 04:22 PM
    Yes, it passed through the courts even if it was just the judge signing the order. The 2 year rule is not hard and fast nor written in stone its more of a general guideline that most courts commonly follow. The idea behind it is to keep the child from becoming a ping pong ball.

Sep 14, 2011, 04:29 PM
    Ahh OK, that was what I was hoping for at least. I do not want him being bounced around, and I can't imagine a good enough reason to take him away from me.
    What I thought was maybe this was her lawyers attempt to raise the cost of the whole thing a bit more. Or that maybe if they shoot for everything they will end up better off then they are now.
    But, she knows I have texts, emails, recordings. Our son was given a clean bill of health at his 9 mo check up.
    And I have not done anything that she knows of, or doesn't know of, that could be considered in an world as neglectful or harmful in any way. (basically I have been a saint) I don't even drink.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 14, 2011, 04:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Delow84 View Post
    Ahh ok, that was what I was hoping for at least. I do not want him being bounced around, and I can't imagine a good enough reason to take him away from me.
    What I thought was maybe this was her lawyers attempt to raise the cost of the whole thing a bit more. Or that maybe if they shoot for everything they will end up better off then they are now.
    But, she knows I have texts, emails, recordings. Our son was given a clean bill of health at his 9 mo check up.
    And I have not done anything that she knows of, or doesnt know of, that could be considered in an world as neglectful or harmful in any way. (basically I have been a saint) I don't even drink.
    Ok Saint Delow. Just remember it is perfectly normal to have a life too. Its OK to relax and to have an occasional beer if you like or glass of wine with a meal. Don't forget that to be the best parent you can; you too need time for yourself and your inner growth.

Sep 14, 2011, 04:39 PM
    Lol I didn't mean to imply that I am neglecting myself. I have had a couple of drinks once since I have had him. But mainly my thing is to hang out with him, or play video games when he's crashed out. So I am happy with how our daily lives are. I only meant I have made sure to stay clear of trouble in any form, so that it can't be used against me.
    Sigh
    Thank you, I guess the more assurances I hear, the more voices I hear telling me the same things I know... it makes it a little easier to relax. This site really has been one of the best things in my life for quite awhile now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can the father of my unborn child get 50% custody if I want primary custody? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 4 months pregnant and the father of the child and I are no longer together. For personal reasons I want to give the child my last name, not his. He says he can CHANGE the baby's last name once a paternity test is done. Is that correct? Also, I want primary custody and would agree to give him...

Father seeking Primary Custody after 10 years [ 1 Answers ]

I have had primary custody of my daughter for 10 years. At the time of my divorce, we did not establish a court order custody arrangement. Since inception, I have had my daughter 75% of the time. Everything has been fine with this arrangement as my ex-husband has a job which does not enable him to...

View more questions Search