Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

Jan 28, 2011, 11:26 PM
    Html Scripting Help
    I'm new to HTML scripting and I had a question to ask. Is it possible to say.. after a time make a script change to a different script? EX: Mondays this script runs, Tuesday this part of the script runs, etc etc A time based trigger (not just days but also say.. certain times of days. Don't even know if that's possible with time zones or not either). I was just wondering if it was possible to do something like that in html. If so can anyone help me with this? Like I said I'm extremely new to HTML but want to make something like this (done for me or walked through idc)
    angelicaflorine Posts: 17, Reputation: 8

Jan 29, 2011, 08:57 AM
    That's not HTML, that's PHP. If Else script.

Jan 29, 2011, 09:00 AM
    Sorry: http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_if_else.asp
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

Jan 29, 2011, 10:22 AM
    Is there anyway you could make a template for that type of php script? If not all good. Thank you angelica

Jan 30, 2011, 12:40 PM
    I don't code for free. If you Google the if else script and the functions you want, you might be able to find a free script that's as close as you want.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jan 31, 2011, 12:33 AM

Hi,
    I agree that it could be done with PHP, though I think the actual point is that it is done on the server that sends the pages. It is a matter of the server reading the http-request and utilizing it in its decision on action.
    Such systems as LAMP, WAMP and XAMPP come to mind, all available fromSourceForge.net: Download and Develop Open Source Software for Free as open source.
    Other more elegant renditions of these technologies would be Alfresco, Bitnami and Aptana, among others. I have been impressed with all three of those, but there are many more. Personal preference goes to the first since it allows so many choices of programming option languages. Try:
    https://www.alfresco.com/resources/
    And see what you think.
    Try a search engine with "content management systems" as the search phrase. You will be astounded with the ones listed on Wikipedia.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the most popular server scripting language? [ 4 Answers ]

Well, what is it?

Action scripting [ 1 Answers ]

hello sir! I want to ask that question about random numbers.I know how to generate random nos but I don't know how to save that number example: like that I show u below: :confused:// command: trace(Math.floor(Math.random()*10)); some no. appears on the screen like 4 I want to save that no above...

How to useShell scripting ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hai every buddy, I would like to know about scripting... I am trying to figure it out for a long time... Call any buddy help me Thanking you Bibu Bharathan

Do I need an html? [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: I am creating a web site for my small business. It is almost ready to go, but I need to make it possible for my customers to be able to select a "button" and it will bring up an order form that they can print. PLEASE HELP!:confused:

Help with HTML. [ 6 Answers ]

okay. So I have my webpage at index.htm and I start building the structure. <html><head><title>my homepage of ittle</title></head> <body> <center><b><u><h1><font color=red> WELCOME! <br size=5 color=pink> now I have a matrix animation using javascript. Then I have a button that says home so...

View more questions Search