Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fozzy1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2011, 07:16 PM
    I wish to refit a starter , you can pull start, has starter why not use it.
    I wish to refit starter button or a new Start switch, has battery, starter motor,solinoid,Did have button before it was given to me, how to wire it is the question, where to on solinoid sw, there is one terminal with no wireing going to it?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 28, 2011, 07:23 PM

If there is only one terminal then it goees to that one and the other wire on the "button/switch" should go to battery positive. You might want to put a fuse or circutbreaker inline on the positive side in case you ever get a short.
    fozzy1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2011, 04:29 AM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    There is two terminals on the solinoid but only one is being used, it has ignition wiring batteryand wiring to starter, maybe ignition is stuffed, as has one terminal with no wire.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2011, 06:15 PM
    I have seen some solenoids with 2 terminals, may be the type that needs a ground for the second terminal.
    That groud terminal may even go through some safetys, Neutral, Clutch Safety etc.
    See if applying voltage to the terminal energizes, if not, apply a ground to the second and try again, fused would be a safe way to test. Not sure what this is(Lawnmower?), Be careful not to test without being ready for it to turnover. Something's can injure or kill.
    Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to fix pull starter [ 1 Answers ]

6.75 b/s engine 2005 (top start). Tried to handwind spring. Now there is about 8 inches slack in dthe chord. This is a poulan pro mower if that matters. Have slack in pull chord on lawn. Chord does not spring back far enough

Pull starter won't pull [ 4 Answers ]

I have a yard machine 6.75 hp. I tried to start it and the pull string will not move out. I didn't want to try to force it out afraid to break it. What can I do to fix this please

Starter rope won't pull [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am confused as to why my Briggs and Stratton lawnmower won't start. (yardman 6.5) I tried to start it this morning and the rope will not pull. I try as hard as I can, but there is no give coming from the mower. I looked underneath and it doesn't seem as if there is anything stuck in the...

Toro pull starter [ 2 Answers ]

Toro recycler pull start pulls almost all the way out before engageing the engine to start. How do I repair?

View more questions Search