Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Betsykp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2011, 03:57 PM
    Logo cuts off on pdf
    I made a pdf from a powerpoint presentation. The logo was fine in the ppt but the descender in the "g" in the logo gets cut off a bit in the pdf. How can I prevent this.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 28, 2011, 04:08 PM

Just a suggestion, increase the kerfing space.

From your description, it appears to me that the line of text below the descending "g" is overlaying the descender.

If you can send me the two files, I will look at them and see If I can find the reason why it is happening.

Also, did you use a file converter to transform the *.ppt file into a *.pdf file or did you use the "File" "Save As" option to create the *.pdf file.

What version of PostScript are you using?
    Betsykp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2011, 04:15 PM
    Thanks for the response. There's no text below, it's in the footer of the presentation.
    To create the pdf I used the print as pdf function that's part of powerpoint
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 29, 2011, 07:31 AM

Ah ha! (maybe) What printer is being used by the driver to create your page image?

If it is in the footer, you may be running into the "No print zone" on the printer.

Usually, there is a "No print zone" all around the page. It's roughly 0.25" on the edges.

This zone was defined so that inks and toner would not get off the paper edges and then contaminate the paper feed mech. Lexmark printers allow you to "code" around the limitation but you really do not want to go down that road unless you have no other choice.

You can try a couple of things:

1) Increase the text box size of the footer text to make it larger - Top to Bottom.

2) Reduce the font size of the text in the footer.

Can you send me me a frame or two of the presentation so I can play with it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sony screen cuts off after it cuts on [ 1 Answers ]

I have a sony PC and the screen will come on and after a second or two it will cut off I can turn it off and back on and it will come on and cut back off I tried hooking it to another PC but it does the same thing I even changed cords

1992 civic cuts out while driving and starts after a little while then cuts out [ 14 Answers ]

I have a 1992 civic and recently it just started cutting out while driving. The first day I was ready to get onto the freeway and it just cut out. It started again after a while and was okay getting home. It ran a little rough but made it home. The next day it was fine on the way to work but coming...

What is the most well know logo [ 6 Answers ]

What is the most well known logo in the world

Will I ever get my logo? [ 3 Answers ]

I understand that your company wants direct emails in order to insure that other readers cannot see what you have promised to other customers and not came through on. I paid $295 on June 29, 2007 and have not yet received a draft. I have spoken to the same Charlotte Brooks that others have spoken...

View more questions Search