Liabilities 23,500

December 31, 2011
    Assets 48,000
    Liabilities ?

During year 2011
    Stock issuances 5,000
    Net income (loss) 7500
    Cash dividends 2,500

1a. What is the amount of equity on December 31, 2010?

Amount of equity $ 21500

1b. What is the amount of equity on December 31, 2011?

Amount of equity $

1c. What is the amount of liabilities on December 31, 2011?

Amount of liabilities $
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2011, 09:21 AM

For 1b you know your beginning equity at 1 Jan 2011, which is the same as 31 Dec 2010. Now you need to add your stock issuances during 2011, add your net income for 2011, then subtract your dividends for 2011, which will equal your ending equity at 31 Dec 2011.

For 1c subtract your ending equity that you calculated in 1b from your assets at 31 Dec 2011 to get your ending liabilities for 31 Dec 2011.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Assets, Liabilities and equity [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know if this is correct, if its not an explanation would be great :) I'm not an accounting student, just taking it for GE and I'm just confused.. Indicate where each tansaction causes an increase (+), decrease (-) or no change (NC) in assets, liabilities and equity (type of...

How do I calculate revenues given assetts, liabilities, and owners equity? [ 2 Answers ]

I have to fill out the missing spots in this spreadsheet for my accounting class... I already figured out the missing assetts, liabilities, and owners equity numbers easily using the accounting equation (Assetts= liabilities + owners expense) Company X Beg of Year Assets=360 Liabilities=280...

Assets = Liabilities + Owners equity [ 1 Answers ]

Amounts owed by a business to others are referred to as ______. Is it liabilities? Assets are financed by two sources, what are they? One is owner's equity, what is the other called accounts receivable?:rolleyes:

Assets liabilities owner's equity [ 1 Answers ]

Question 2: Indicate whether each transaction caused an increase (+), a decrease (-), or no change (NC) In assets, liabilities, and owner's equity: Owner's Assets Liabilities Equity a. withdrawal of cash by owner b. purchase of an asset for cash c. purchase of an asset on account d....

View more questions Search