Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raghu57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2011, 08:41 PM
    Satellites crossing thirunallar is stranded for three seconds
    Recently read an article which came through mail that all sattelites while crossing the space zone over thirunallar in tamilnadu is stranded for three seconds and then it will be all right. This is happening every round it makes the world. - please confirm is it right?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2011, 10:45 PM

Could you copy and paste the mail in question?

And use the 'Answer Box' instead of clicking on 'Comment' please.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 30, 2011, 06:45 PM

Thirunallar is a Hindu Temple located in the state of Tamil Nadu in India. Raghu - there is no evidence or expectation that if a satellite orbiting the Earth crosses in its orbit directly above any particular location that it somehow stops in its motion.
    karthikbalaji Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2011, 01:41 AM
    There is no concrete proof as such. But I read in a Tamil article that folks from NASA visited the temple to do some research on why satellites doesn't function for 3 seconds. Apparently, they didn't get any answer for this mysterious happening. But they believe that there is some super natural force above all of us.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2011, 02:42 AM

It's not true.
    ramanara Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2011, 12:58 PM
    There is no proof on this news that the satellite stranded nor nasa visited the temple.
    It's a spam email.
    letmeaskyahoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2011, 11:26 AM
    Even if they tell like, Lord Sani and Lord Kethu went and made some repairs in the Space center, our guys will believe :P

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Movie about a stranded couple [ 1 Answers ]

This is about a pilot is is flying a widow and the coffin of her husband and the plane crashes and they get stranded on an island. The story is how they survive and their struggle to find a way out. The twist is when the lady finds out that the coffin is empty. The climax is when they realize the...

Find Rates 60 seconds and 120 seconds? [ 3 Answers ]

The following data were collected for the decomposition of acetaldehyde, CH3CHO (used in the manufacture of a variety of chemicals including perfumes, dyes, and plastics), into methane and carbon monoxide. The data were collected at a temperature of 530 °C. CH3CHO CH4 +CO (mol L-1) Time...

Films about being stranded on a island [ 3 Answers ]

Hi can anybody think of any films about people being stranded on a desert island I thought of castaway Blue lagoon Swept away Seven days an seven nights Can you help ?

Stranded on a deserted Island [ 4 Answers ]

One day an Irishman, who had been stranded on a deserted island for more than 10 years, saw a speck on the horizon. He thought to himself, 'It's certainly not a ship.' As the speck got closer and closer, he began to rule out the possibilities of a small boat and even a raft. ...

Outside Blower kicks on for 5 seconds then goes off for 10 seconds [ 1 Answers ]

I've looked all over this forum for something like this, but nothing I've see quite nails my problem so If I missed it, sorry. Here it goes... My outside blower comes on for about 5 seconds when my thermostat activates for the heat. With furnace still on the blower shuts off for 10 seconds and...

View more questions Search