Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    techkn1c Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2011, 08:33 PM
    92 civic no spark, no fuel, (ign pos II) cel on sometimes off
    OK so I hate typing and writing so sorry... so it started like this. Roommate borrows car. Calls me car won't start.. *** towed it home... So I traced it to a fuel pump not on.. reason main relay wasn't clicking so I tapped it.. it worked drove to parts store got a new main relay I thought it was it... put it in, then the car wouldn't start now main relay not clicking at all.. tried the old one, ran some more test.. checked fuses nothing.. so I said f it for today will try tomorrow... researched it that night on computer found theirs another relay further up in dash.. found it, unplugged it. Inspected it, it look good so I hooked it back up.. it started cool, so just to make sure I turned car off, on, off, on, let it warm up 10min went to store got home turned car off.. turned it on, won't start. More research. I turn key on(Position II) cel light stays on only the single relay (the one by itself) is clicking.. then sometimes cel does not turn on? I tried getting cel codes by running jumper wire (passenger side kick panel plug above ecu) no codes and it should have some because when it is running the cel light is been on..
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2011, 07:30 AM

Perform the K-Test on the ECM, which may be failing:

The K-Test: Remove the MAP Sensor connector and turn the ignition switch to ON (Position II). Using a multimeter, check for 5 volts going between the MAP Sensor connector's reference wire (+) and ground. As you look at the connector, this is the socket on the right. Really press the black test lead into a cleaned main ECM ground on the thermostat housing. If the voltage is low, it’s probably indicating ECM failure. Most failed ECMs will record a fraction of a volt. To me, the K-Test is simple, elegant, and accurate. Many Hondas parked for several years are now back on the road. "The K-Test creates massive value, by providing a low cost solution where one did not previously exist."--TxGM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2007 Honda Civic EX CEL DTC P0171 (Fuel system too lean) [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 2007 Honda Civic EX with an aftermarket cold air intake. CEL comes on with codes for DTC P0171 (fuel system too lean). I just bought the car used, and I am not the one who installed the intake. Honda said they won't do anything because it isn't stock, and they will only troubleshoot it if...

98 Civic No Spark CEL on [ 8 Answers ]

The CEL stays on after two seconds. The fuel pump runs, but no spark, and the fuel pump stays on(doesn't shut off after two seconds) I've checked all fuses, none are blown. I have three distributors I've tried, three ecus, three main relays, two map sensors, and two ignition switches. I can get...

91 Civic showing CEL code 16.fuel inj circuit. [ 2 Answers ]

One meaning shows "defective circuit or unplugged/defective fuel injector". I've had problems with my main relay this summer in the heat... could it be that? Just not sure what it means by that meaning on that 16 code.

92 civic without spark or fuel [ 1 Answers ]

Okay so my 92 honda civic lx is still not running. It wasn't getting any spark or fuel. I replaced the main relay and nothing. I checked the fuel pump for power,everythings fine there. So I did the map sensor test and from what people say on here. Its bad. I turned the key on so al the lights came...

94 civic no spark or fuel [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am in need of desperate help. As you see I was repairing my radiator. After I did so I was refilling it with the car on to burp the system.. I realized that I spilled some coolant everywhere so with the car on I hosed down the engine bay with water carefully insuring none go into the intake...

View more questions Search