Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peterbranton Posts: 123, Reputation: 2

Jan 27, 2011, 04:28 PM
    The sub Conscious is in control of your life, maybe ?
    OK , is the sub Conscious in control of the life a person lives ?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2011, 05:03 PM

Now that is an interesting question. Would you be using sub-conscious as a verb (ie not presently in consciousness but an operational concept) or as a noun (as in Freudian-derived psychodynamic entity). Dependent.. two different directions might emerge. Not sure I'm capable of providing a meaningful answer regardless but we can try, perhaps with a little additional clarification.

Feb 4, 2011, 11:26 PM
    Comment on DrBill100's post
    As in neurological. Mechanics
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2011, 05:05 AM

Are you talking about locus of control?

Feb 6, 2011, 09:42 AM
    Comment on redhed35's post
    I don't know, am I ?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2011, 09:48 AM

Locus of control

A center of perceived responsibility for one's behavior. Individuals with an internal locus of control believe that they can control events related to their life, whereas those with an external locus of control tend to believe that real power resides in forces outside themselves and determines their life.
    Mosby's Medical Dictionary, 8th edition. © 2009, Elsevier.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can anyone help me get control over my life and emotions back? [ 18 Answers ]

I'm a twenty-six year old male. Currently seeking employment after having had a shoulder surgery back in early May. I've been in and out of therapy for the majority of my life, and have received a variety of diagnosis' ranging from simply ADHD to things such as Manic Depressive or Bi-polarism. ...

I am really self Conscious [ 5 Answers ]

I hate the way I look. I always have been. A few months ago I started a new college, even with people I know, and I still don't want to go everyday out of what people will think of me. I have had random people in the street insult me because of how I look and it makes it really hard to gain...

I have so much stress in my life and it is out of control [ 3 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship that has brought an enormous amount of stress into my life from the start. I have always covered his back 100% and now I feel the resentment and anger because I am not successful in any way. I am getting louder and louder. I just would like to know how to cope in a...

Lies have taken control of my life [ 6 Answers ]

Please help me.. I struggle with telling the truth.I grew up in a family that was very poor and I started lying to hide my real situation from my friends.. I was scared people would push me away if they knew the truth.. but now I can't seem to stop doing it.I have no reason to lie but I still feel...

Life After Birth Control? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 26 years old and was put on the pill at the age of 16 due to very painful and heavy periods. I am now engaged to be married next summer, and I wanted to stop taking the pill for several reasons other than that. Now, though, I am having very very irregular cycles. First, when stopping the...

View more questions Search