Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MTsolchovska Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2011, 11:36 AM
    Am I adopted?
    Apparently I never seen my birth certificated or photos of me there is only one me being 3 years old I got different name from my parents I never feel right mum doesn't talk about me being born
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 27, 2011, 12:27 PM

How old are you?
    Heaven100 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2011, 09:49 PM
    I just recently found out that the man who had tried his best to raise me is not my biological father. I always had the feeling though, around the time I was 12 I started talking to a counselor about my suspicions. My point is that if you feel that you might be adopted you might try talking to your parents or other family members about it.
    MTsolchovska Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2011, 11:09 AM
    Comment on Heaven100's post
    But I don't want to talk to her
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 28, 2011, 12:50 PM

There is no way to find out whether you were adopted without talking to your family.

Your birth certificate changes, your records are changed, NOTHING indicates that you were adopted. Except your adoption papers--which I doubt you are going to find without talking to your parents.

Honey, EVERY teenager feels like they were adopted. There are many reasons there might not be baby pictures--including not being able to afford them. You feel different from your family, like you've got nothing in common and they don't understand you, right? That doesn't mean your adopted, it simply means that you a young adult, and figuring out who you are. Nearly every person I've ever met goes through that stage in life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad.. [ 7 Answers ]

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad... My mother re-married & he husband (stepfather) has been what I consider my father. How can I have my adopted fathers name taken off my birth certificate & add my step fathers name? My mother is now deceased. The...

I want to get adopted [ 9 Answers ]

My mother died when I was4. I'm 14 now. And my father didn't care enough to look after me incidentaly he ran of when he heard about me. So, I live with my grandmother. Its hard living with her. The generation gap raises its ugly head all the time and there is lack of communication. I'm allowed to...

I want myself to be adopted [ 3 Answers ]

I am an Indian student. I am too much influenced by western culture. I want to study history from any developed country but my father never let me do that. He wants me to do LL.B. and make a carrier in legal field. I want to leave my country. Here I can't do what I want to do with my life. So I...

Adopted in OH, Live in MD, husband wants to adopt my adopted son [ 1 Answers ]

I adopted my son 2 yrs ago in Ohio (single adoption), I live in Maryland. My soon to be husband wants to adopt him after we are married. Would we have to do it in OH or MD?

Was I adopted? [ 2 Answers ]

Was my sister and I adopted by my grandparents and how can we find this out?

View more questions Search