Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aguerra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 10:27 AM
    Served Papers
    I got served papers a 30 days ago by my sons father. We currently do not have anything on paper about who has custody and have not since he was born. Our son spends 3 days a week with him and 4 days with me. I live an hour away from his father and the papers that I got served with are asking for joint custody and also that our son go to school in his county. I have not responded yet and have now passed the 30 day time frame. I need help and don't know what to do. Can I still get a lawyer and contest this since it has been past 30 days since I got served. Help please. Thank you
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2007, 04:10 PM
    You can try. Talk to a lawyer immediately. You really should have responded within the 30-day period specified on the papers but that's water over the dam now. Follow your lawyer's advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgement Papers Served in Georgia [ 13 Answers ]

I have a few questions. I live in Georgia. I was served with judgement papers for an old debt from 2000 that I just didn't (and still don't) have the money to pay. I have 30 days to respond to the Clerk of Court. I have since re-married. I do not work (my husband does), but I am too ill to...

Mother served with papers for suit over debt [ 1 Answers ]

My mother is 64 and owes about $30K in credit card debt. She currently works at a $7 per hour job to bring in some money to help pay the mortgage. She and my father are both on SS, my father is in late stages of COPD with great difficulty breathing. My mother suffers from vertigo, the doctor...

Bf got papers for child support [ 3 Answers ]

I just found out that my boyfriend just got papers in the mail for child support and I don't think that he is the father, this child is 5 years old. What can we do?? Help

Writ served on joint bank account [ 4 Answers ]

A writ was served against a joint bank account with my current husband. The account was set out as exempt in a motion I filed myself. The original debt was 15 years ago with ex-husband. The bank has frozen the account so we have aboslutely no money even to hire a lawyer! The writ was served the...

View more questions Search