Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joekuhn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2003, 12:45 PM
    Organizing a Nonfiction Library
    I have an extensive nonfiction library that I would like to organize. Some, but not all, of my books already have ISBN numbers, Dewey Decimal numbers, and Library of Congress numbers but many do not.

Is there affordable software that would help me assign Dewey Decimal numbers, or some other classification scheme, to my books? Is it possbile to feed Title, Author, Publisher to a program or website that would return the the appropriate classification number or ID?

Joe Kuhn
    Akinamehete Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2003, 04:39 PM
    Organizing a Nonfiction Library
    Hi there.

You might want to check out Download.com. They offer sometimes free software. I do believe on my last visit that I saw something of the nature of a software program that could help you sort and organize books, etc.

Hope this helps.

Akinamehete*
    douglasj Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joekuhn
    I have an extensive nonfiction library that I would like to organize. Some, but not all, of my books already have ISBN numbers, Dewey Decimal numbers, and Library of Congress numbers but many do not.

Is there affordable software that would help me assign Dewey Decimal numbers, or some other classification scheme, to my books? Is it possbile to feed Title, Author, Publisher to a program or website that would return the the appropriate classification number or ID?

Joe Kuhn
    Hi:
    I would suggest that you decide whether you want to use the library of congress system
    Or the dewey decimal system to maintain consistency. The Library of congress system
    Is alpha-numeric. You could easily arrange your titles according to the Library congress
    Without using the software. I have twenty years of library Science experience.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

VBX Library init failure [ 1 Answers ]

I get this message "VBX Library inti Failure" when trying to run a program called energy pro on XP. I need any help I can get to resolve this problem.

View more questions Search