Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tcs724 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2011, 05:50 AM
    Heater cycles too short and cycles many times before heat actually goes on...
    I have a 4 year old Goodman heater model GMS81155CNA that we just replaced the blower motor on, fortunately it was under warranty until April. Now it keeps trying to cycle 2 or 3 times before the burners actually go on, sometimes it will ignite on the first attempt other times it won't. Often we will have to flip the emergency burner switch to get it running again because the temp will drop in the house and it won't kick on at all. The repairman said it's common of the Goodman's since the glow stick is not mounted in the proper place and is a bit misaligned. Another repairman, over the phone, said it sounded like a pressure switch problem. The heater will also go on for short periods and shut off. It will reach the desired temp and when set at, let's say 75, will continuously run until it reaches that temp so I don't think it's the thermostat. Any thoughts or suggestions I can give my handy husband to try would be much appreciated.

Check out some similar questions!

Short cycles then fine [ 1 Answers ]

I had a new furnace installed 3 years ago. (no air conditioning)Recently when I turn the thermostat up, the furnace ignites,and a minute later the blower blows cool air for about two minutes then stops and the cycle immediately starts over again until about the fifth time when the air is warm and...

Goodman short cycles [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Goodman Furnace 80+ installed by a HVAC Dealer. It's three years old. The problem I am having is when I set the thermostat back at night to 66 degrees and in the morning it sets up to 70 degrees the furnace runs for a short period (5 -10 minutes) then shuts down. Once the draft induced...

Bryant furnace fan cycles on 1 or 2 times for 2 or 3 sec. After heat cycle has ended [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Bryant furnace Mod. #394GAD024050 and after the temp has reached the set point and the furnace has cycled off the fan will come back on a couple of times for approx. 2 or 3 seconds. In the older furnaces with a machanical fan/limit switch some times the temp would creep up and cause the...

Bryant furnace cycles several times [ 4 Answers ]

My Bryant furnace cycles several times before it will reach the set temp on the stat?

Furance short cycles [ 2 Answers ]

I have a carrier 8000 furnace model#58ZAV050-08-serial#3395A20997. In the past ten days the furnace cycles through and run for a while then shuts down.I'm not getting any LED codes. The flame sensor looks good, the high pressure switchseems OK,no indication of a cracked exchanger the flames in...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.