Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cherlou Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2011, 08:15 PM
    Can a person applyy for flood insurance when flooding possibly forecast in spring?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 25, 2011, 08:16 PM

If your property meets the requirements for the federal flood insurance, you can buy it before the flooding happens.
    cherlou Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2011, 08:23 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    Chuck, think I forgot to say I live in Manitoba Canada, what happens here?
    emilie_g Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2011, 07:16 AM
    With all the flooding that's going on, it seems like a good idea. I know that in each State it's a bit different. Try calling up your insurance rep and asking for premiums. Or indeed check how it is with the federal law. Hope no flooding will happen, though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrong Person In Insurance Claim [ 14 Answers ]

I received a letter today from an insurance company saying I was 100 percent liable for an accident 5 hours from my home. This accident was supposidly back on March12, 2008.The insurance company requests my insurance info. I am gathering that they have a witness or someone who gave them my plate...

Flood Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

Are there companies that help with the paperwork that FEMA requires to prove that a house is not in a flood zone? If so, do you know the names or how to find them in the South FLorida area?

Flood Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

I was just informed that my mortgage company required me to have flood insurance. I was wondering if anyone know's what is the general fee more or less to get a elevation certificate. I just got a quote, just for flood was 2,800 not including the home insurance. I find it rather high. So I was told...

View more questions Search