Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mulattomama Posts: 36, Reputation: 7

Jan 25, 2011, 12:47 PM
    Need 40th birthday ideas in Chicago!
    I'm turning 40 next month and I'm trying to think of something somewhat unusual to do for my birthday. Not really a party animal and I don't really go to clubs. I would be inviting between 20-25 people to join in - from all different age ranges (up to mid-70's but spry). Please send me any ideas you may have.

I have a budget of about $500.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2011, 01:00 PM

I would go to the Greek Islands in Greektown (or Santorini's is great too). Make reservations and ask for a fixed price menu for your number of guests with a lot of variety, everything served to share and including wine, pop or beer. I would do a lunch because they get so busy, and it may save a bit as people won't drink as much.

Another option is to buy a block of tickets at Second City for a commedy show, but I like the idea of a meal where you're all sharing stuff better.

If you would rather different cuisine, lots of great restaurants also in China Town, or you could go to Little Italy for Italian - outstanding food.

To me, Chicago and a crowd means a meal for a few reasons- it's hard to do anything that requires moving through the city with that many people, and a meal is social and interactive.

I recommend lunch - keep your bar bill more reasonable and people who are less comfortable with the city will be more comfortable driving down during the day.

Happy birthday!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

40th birthday celebration suggestions [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Chicago and will turn 40 February of 2011. I want to do something fun and memorable. I've thought of taking a trip or just having some kind of party here. I'm looking for help for some unique ideas. I don't want to just go to dinner. 1. I would want my 2 kids involved - they're 1 and 3...

Birthday party ideas [ 5 Answers ]

Kay so my birthday is coming up in a few months. And I will be turning 14. Any party ideas? I mean my grandma will pay for a ton of stuff. Sooooo... Please help Thanks. ♥Janelle:D

Ideas for best friend's birthday [ 15 Answers ]

So, a little about HIM: *I'm a girl with a guy best friend. *He's turning 22. *He's a frat boy. *He's basically my little brother. *We've always had the perfect big sister/little brother relationship *We've been friends for 6 years. *He lives in Idaho {for school} and I live in...

My18th birthday any ideas? [ 3 Answers ]

It's my eighteenth birthday in two months. 28th June. I'm from the UK so I can drink and go to clubs, etc here. I really need some ideas on what to do, some of my friends won't have a lot of money so something reasonably priced! Cheers

View more questions Search