Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    questionguy666 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2011, 06:40 AM
    Texas map turtles
    I want to get a male Texas map turtle because they are small and I'm not sure how many I can have in a 20gallon tank
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jan 25, 2011, 01:35 PM

I found this: Recommended size for a single adult Graptemys versa would be a 30 gallon aquarium as a minimum (40 or larger preferred). This will provide adequate swimming area, as well as assisting the filtration in maintaining good water quality. For additional Graptemys versa, I would recommend adding 20 gallons of tank space for additional males and 50 gallons of tank space per additional female at a minimum.

Stock Tanks and Rubbermaid containers also work well. The same space recommendations remain the same.

At, Care Sheet - Texas Map

Hope it helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gopher turtles [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My name is Rachael. I found a baby turtle in my front yard. It looked abanoned I can't find the mom What do I do now?

What is the difference between a vicinty map and a location map [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a difference between a vicinty map and a location map

Sea turtles movie [ 3 Answers ]

When I was a little boy about 8 I'm 31 now I watch this movie with this little boywho lives on this island.with his tribe.this little boy who rescued a sea turtle and would swim with him at the end of the movie the little boy turns in to a sea turtle too

Aquatic Turtles [ 4 Answers ]

I am doing some advanced planning for the two Red Earred Sliders I have recently purchased. I just like to know how long does it take for them to grow to around 5 inches and 12 inches. Thanks in advance!

Turtles and Frogs [ 2 Answers ]

Can Turtles and green tree frogs live together in a large tank?

View more questions Search